IT Service Technology Risk Specialist
Lloyds Banking Group
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to Help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. And as the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK.
Our brands, our services and our business span every aspect of banking and finance, including some of the biggest names on the UK's high streets. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first - and achieve our vision of becoming the best bank for customers.
COO Business Risk
In COO Business Risk we help to deliver the Group's vision by executing day to day risk, control and monitoring related activities, focusing on Operational, Compliance and Conduct Risk. We are a first line of defence control function, responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective control framework, ensuring each business area is measuring, monitoring and controlling risks within their areas of accountability.
A key part of how we keep the Group safe is by embedding a strong risk and control culture across the business. The COO Business Risk Function supports Group CIO colleagues in the identification and management of risks, controls and issues, ensuring that Group CIO is compliant with Group Policies, Regulatory Standards and maintains control of its business in an effective manner. The world is constantly changing and organisations have to adapt and respond to new risks and heightened regulatory interest in areas such as IT Resilience, Cyber Security, Codes of Conduct etc.
Sound like your kind of place?
Operating at a senior level, you will deputise for Senior Risk Leads and will be a key contributor to both strategic and operational decision making by providing insight, challenge and support.
What would you be getting involved with?
- Challenges and provides input into new agile approaches being explored by LBG and performs risk review, ensuring they remain within Group's risk appetite
- Have demonstrable technical experience and experience of IT Risk, ensuring an established and sound knowledge of the COO Business Risk area function
- Leads a programme of IT risk reviews with a focus on timely completion and insightful commentary and proposed management actions to support material risk mitigation and reduction within the business area, ensuring the LBG Risk Management Framework requirements are met.
- A strong proven ability to create and deliver high quality outputs in appropriate business format (both verbal/written) highlighting key messages in a clear and concise way for use at senior executive level or by external parties (e.g. Regulators, Risk Committees).
- Initiates, leads and delivers agreed change programmes to achieve continuous improvement to processes and systems.
- You'll bring passion for our values of putting customers first, keeping it simple, and making a difference together
- You'll love to solve problems and challenge the status quo with innovative ideas
- You're a highly motivated self-starter
- You'll have the ability to build strong collaborative relationships
And the skills/background you'd possess?
- Sound knowledge of the operational and regulatory complexities impacting the business, from strategic, operational and change perspectives.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of LBG and industry standards, control frameworks (e.g.COBIT), technology landscape and key IT risk areas.
- A diverse and mixed skillset, with a knowledge and understanding of (including but not limited to):
- Infrastructure Technologies - Middleware/Storage/Networks/Mainframes
- IT resilience
- Cloud Services
- Suppliers management/governance processes and outsourced 3rd party systems
- Management of IT Incidents/Problems/Changes
- Experience supporting live service material events
What do you get in return?
In addition to the salary quoted the position also offers:
- Car / Car allowance
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Access to share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.