E.ON is a global provider of specialised energy solutions. We operate one of the largest streetlight contracting businesses in the UK, with a large presence in the Midlands and the North West. We’re currently looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working Jointer Electrician to join our team.
Main responsibilities include:
- Install and maintain street lighting columns and signs.
- Complete mains and service cable jointing on electrical distribution networks.
- Perform electrical work and testing to BS7671 on Highway lighting equipment & EV charging systems.
- Carry out risk assessments and maintain safe working practices.
- Supervise and provide training to Jointers Mates and Apprentices.
- Drive general and specialist vehicles appropriate to the role.
- Work unsocial hours when required.
- Act as an ambassador for E.ON UK and deliver excellent customer service.
- Ensure the safe use and operation of all tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Maintain and develop competence level and technical skills to ensure delivery to high standards.
- Attend training as required to maintain knowledge and application of systems and procedures.
- Extensive understanding of the Highways Lighting business and distribution network.
- Experience of working as a multi skilled Cable Jointer.
- Completed a recognised apprenticeship or training programme.
- Underpinning electrical knowledge to C & G 236 Parts 1 & 2 / 2330 Level 1 & 2 or equivalent.
- A current and relevant First Aid and Manual Handling certificate.
- Relevant authorisation to carry out 3PH UG connections to DNO/IDNO networks.
- The ability to understand operational and 1:500 electrical network diagrams.
- A current NRSWA qualification (Units 1-9).
- A CSCS accreditation via the Highways Electrical Registration Scheme (HERS).
- A current full UK driving licence.
- Extensive working knowledge of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures.
- The ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- The ability to take a professional, confident and diplomatic approach to customers at all times.
- A high degree of manual dexterity and ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
It would be great if you had
- A current licence to drive 7.5 tonne vehicles.
- A current licence to drive a HIAB for column installation and removals.
- A Mobile Elevated Working Platform (MEWP) licence.
What we'll give you in return
- 26 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme with generous contributions from E.ON
- Appropriate training and development
- Paid overtime
- Comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Retail discounts and cashback