Land Access Assistant
As the Land Access Assistant you will support the HS2 Delivery teams, Engineering Ground investigation, Design and Environmental stakeholders and Land Referencing stakeholders to coordinate access requests to secure timely access to land to enable survey activities to proceed in accordance with the wider Hybrid Bill and construction delivery programmes.
About the role:
- Receiving access requests from Area Delivery Teams, GI Team, and Utilities Team. Engineering Design and Environmental PSCs and others;
- Working with PSC to ensure access to land is secured in time for survey activity (for ecological, environmental and ground investigation assessment) to proceed in accordance with agreed programmes;
- Ensuring payment schedules are delivered in a timely manner; escalate complaints for late payment Recording and reporting progress of access as directed;
- Responding to enquiries from within HS2 and from external stakeholders on access and land ownership matters in a timely manner.
Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- You have the ability to coordinate groups of stakeholders to agree objectives and requirements
- You will be Experienced in management of infrastructure and construction programmes;
- You will possess experience in surveying, land access and land referencing;
- You have an understanding of land and property ownership and occupation right
- You will be experienced in developing relationships and delivering complex projects.
This is an opportunity to work on one of the UK’s largest industry projects and help lead and support your function in a diverse environment.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.