Lead Business Analyst
Are you a senior Business Analysis professional who can lead and coach other BA’s and take ownership for BA methods, processes and business architecture?
This role is home working for the time being, but when our offices open back up, we’re flexible on location. Working from home a few days per week was the ‘norm’ for us, so we’re open to those further out from West Yorkshire.
Who Are Emerald:
Emerald Publishing is a global publisher linking research and practice. Founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that advance research and practice. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
Part of Emerald Group, a global learning organisation with a presence in 130 countries worldwide, bringing together Emerald Publishing and Emerald Works. With our roots in publishing, and bringing research to life, our learning solutions provides learners with the insight and tools they need to improve performance and excel in the workplace.
Role & Team:
In this Lead Business Analyst role, you’ll joining the Delivery team at Emerald Publishing, and take up responsibility for leading a team of Business Analysts whose role is to gather, analyse, evaluate and deliver change aligned to Emerald’s strategic objectives together with undertaking the BA role.
This also includes definition of the business analysis methodologies and framework that can be applied to change initiatives/projects, and ownership of business architecture and BA methods & processes.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Some of the additional key areas of responsibility include:
- Identifying Business Analyst resource needs for change initiatives/projects
- Documented requirements/user stories for change
- Impact assessment and identification of proposed changes to people, process and technology
- Coaching the business to support them to deliver change
- Definition of ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ models
- Benefits identification and measurement on change initiatives
- Identify opportunities, risks and blockers early to develop workable solutions
Who We’re looking For:
- Are you a senior / lead BA with excellent knowledge in BA tools and techniques, as well as change methodologies, e.g. Agile & Waterfall?
- In addition to this we’re looking for someone with coaching / mentoring and workshop facilitation skills.
- Are you experienced in requirements gathering, process mapping / modelling and user story creation with testable acceptance criteria?
- Are you able to utilize impact assessment & gap analysis?
- A key part of this role is stakeholder analysis and engagement so we’re looking for someone who can influence and effectively communicate with people at all levels of the business.
- In addition to this we’re looking for a Business Analysis professional with experience in value chain analysis, business architecture and product-led delivery methodologies.
*We are not currently working with recruitment agencies on this vacancy*
*Please apply ASAP as interviews may commence before the closing date*
What’s in It for You:
We value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working and working from home, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Based at our head office in Bingley, you’ll also have access to a newly refurbished café, staff lounge, wellbeing room, free onsite gym, and as sponsors of Headingley Stadium you can receive free tickets to selected Rugby and Cricket matches.