Lead Electrical Engineer
Here at E.ON we deliver a range of energy solutions including District Heating Schemes, onsite generation and highways lighting. We want to help our customers take control of their energy and we’re always looking for new and improved ways of doing things. That is why we have a whole team dedicated to improving both business and asset performance. We work across a variety of industries using the latest technology to help build a better energy future. In the UK, Solutions Delivery has 9 power plants / CHP sites and over 64 district heating sites, with more under construction.
Right now, we’re looking for a Lead Electrical Engineer to join our Solutions Delivery, Optimisation & Governance Engineering team. Here you will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of our site’s electrical maintenance plans to meet contractual customer demands, ensuring the assets are maintained to ensure safe and efficient operation within budget. This will be achieved through a mixture of remote diagnostic work, hands on work at site and the use of Contractors. You’ll also contribute to the development and implementation of the Maintenance Strategy and support the development of the Engineering Strategy, liaising with site management teams and professional bodies.
Joining an engineering team of 8, this is an autonomous role where you will have the opportunity to make a real impact while also having wider team support and collaboration. Although energy experience would be an advantage, we are keen to hear from individuals from a variety of process industries including chemical and manufacturing. This is a UK wide role, you’ll be based from your nearest E.ON site with regular travel to our other sites and offices.
Solutions Delivery is a rapidly growing business with a technically and geographically diverse range of operational assets making this an exciting and challenging role. If this appeals to you, apply today.
What we need from you
- Educated to HNC / Degree level in a relevant subject.
- Significant specialist experience gained in Electrical engineering.
- Skills and knowledge that enable the role holder to act as a consultant on Electrical Engineering (HV/LV) to the rest of the business.
- Planning and organising skills to include effective prioritising, resource management and a long-term strategic focus.
- The ability to recognise and diagnose operational problems and take appropriate action.
- Develop and thoroughly manage larger/more complex contracts and resource.
- The confidence to question established practices, suggesting imaginative solutions to problems.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage performance, support and motivate individuals and a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable effective working relationships with the ability to effectively communicate with EON staff and contractors.
- Numerical skills with the ability to interpret data and information and produce/present it in a clear and logical format.
It would be great if you also had
- NEBOSH or equivalent qualification gained. Demonstrates clear knowledge of safety practices and management.
- A sound awareness of new developments and best practise in Electrical engineering discipline area and uses this to benchmark own practices.
- Business financial awareness and experience of managing budgets.
- A working knowledge of PC based computer systems and the ability to adapt quickly to changes to those systems.
Here’s what you need to know
The salary for this role is £51,832 - £62,806.
This role comes with a business needs company car / allowance.
This role will be based at your closest E.ON Solutions Delivery site with regular UK wide travel.
This is a permanent role.
Due to the nature of this role a Criminal Record Check is required.