Lead Senior Project Engineer N4
As a Lead Senior Project Engineer at HS2 you will Provide specialist technical support and leadership on engineering issues to the project delivery team to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the project to time, budget and quality so that assets installed by the programme comply with the requirements and are fit for purpose.
About the role:
- Key role in leading the technical assurance of the design through scheme, detailed and construction stages of the Sector which includes Curzon Street Station and associated enabling works.
- Be responsible for undertaking Principal Designer representative duties to ensure CDM compliance for design and construction activities in the sector.
- Be the Lead HS2 engineering point of contact for the Station Design Services Contract, Enabling Works contract and the Main Works Stations Construction design and build contract for the Sector.
- Undertake delegated Project Supervisor duties under NEC3 ECC terms, by ensuring that self-assurance requirements are discharged by the project supply chain.
- Work with third parties and interface with relevant teams to understand and incorporate their design requirements in order to assist in the production of a viable project plan.
- Manage the technical assurance and compliance approval process to ensure the project is delivered safely and within the policies and standards.
- Report regularly and communicate progress and potential issues and recommendations to the project team in an effective and appropriate manner and effectively liaise with interfacing project teams to support operations and the successful delivery of the project.
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work. Support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Demonstrated experience of development of major transport hubs, including management of interfaces with other transport modes (taxi, rail, metro, pedestrian movements etc). Ideally this would include experience in a rail environment
- Experience in providing professional and technical advice, guidance and support on major project engineering issues, to deliver to time, budget and quality.
- Experience of team management with responsibility for planning, managing and reviewing activities and team development for the sector engineering team.
- Demonstrated experience of managing multiple design and construction interfaces – including architects, structural designers, systems and MEP
- Knowledge of the CDM Regulations (2015) and other pertinent Health and Safety legislation relevant throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ability to communicate complex issues effectively with non-technical and technical stakeholders.
- Engineering degree or equivalent coupled with Chartered Engineer status and membership of an appropriate professional institution.
- The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.