Legal Project Officer
Are you keen on processes and love working in a Legal team? This role is all about helping lawyers to improve how they work.
- To coordinate people and processes to ensure the successful planning and delivery of specific Legal and cross-Wellcome projects;
- To evolve and manage current internal and legal-led systems, to help drive efficiency and innovation in relation to legal work, knowledge sharing, and training.
- To drive forward clear work-planning and performance oversight mechanisms for the team.
- Ensure that Legal/Legal led Wellcome-wide projects, assigned by the senior managers of the Legal team, are properly planned and delivered (on-time, within scope and budget)
- Developing and defining clear project scopes and objectives, collaborating with relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility;
- Developing clear project plans and appropriate monitoring mechanisms to track progress and ensure effective implementation;
- Designing how project outcomes will be transitioned into business as usual within the legal team;
- Establishing, maintaining and managing relationships with a range of stakeholders;
- Managing risks appropriately, including reporting and escalating issues as needed;
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation;
- Proactive thought leadership around opportunities for process improvement within the legal team;
- Conducting after action reviews for completed projects and using these to identify lessons learned (in spirit of continuous improvement);
If you are interested in knowing more about this job, please see job description here.
Experience & Skills
- Proven project management experience (ideally in a legal context and understanding/experience of using project management tools;
- Understanding of a range of legal systems and tools/methodologies to support lawyers;
- Managing and negotiating stakeholder expectations to achieve best interest outcomes;
- Experience and understanding of operating in a legal environment (either in-house, within a law-firm, or within a relevant consultancy)
- Excellent communicator - strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines whilst delivering high quality work;
- Ability to think strategically, yet retaining strong attention to detail
- Positive, self-motivated and proactive;
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and run with them and natural problem solver;
- Genuine interest in legal operations and process improvement, with a desire to understand how that can help to advance Wellcome's mission;
Education & Qualifications
- Legal qualification (desirable)