Machine Operator – September Start - £21,000 per annum, plus excellent benefits
Must be able to work on an annualised hours contract (i.e., a 3 or 4 shift rotating pattern with weekend working with rostered holidays throughout the year)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the largest Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) companies worldwide, and become part of an enthusiastic and brand-driven team in the Burton-on-Trent Unilever factory.
A Machine Operator is responsible for the safe operation of production equipment to deliver customer requirements through completion of the production plan, adhering to quality standards and maximising cost effectiveness, optimal running and equipment efficiency.
You will be carrying out cleaning and inspection activities and record any issues/problems with the equipment to pass to the Technical Operator to resolve. The Machine Operator will master the operation of a series of machines in order to provide factory resilience.
· Technical - Knowledge and application of technical skills to Operate machinery safely and effectively in order to meet the production plan.
· Maintain machinery to the prescribed standards and levels of cleanliness.
· Understand properties of materials being handled. Able to perform correct adjustment and setting.
· Proactively work with Professional Maintenance and Quality Control staff to achieve zero breakdowns and zero defects.
· Carry out product and process changeovers/wash-outs to maintain quality standards whilst minimising the impact to the production plan.
· Utilise all appropriate safety and environmental procedures relating to the Sourcing Unit and allocated equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
· Full knowledge of the workplace and hazards within it. Utilise all appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment relevant to the task
· Reduce costs due to waste and minimise impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials.
· Monitor quality against set standards and reports any product and packaging faults. Detects process abnormalities quickly and takes emergency action to prevent them
· Basic mechanical awareness of the principles for factory automation.
· Knowledge and understanding of the key principles of WCM and an awareness of the tools used to identify and prioritise losses in the production area and eliminate them; role requires data collection.
· Can maintain focus and discipline for the task whilst demonstrating good problem solving skills to protect output targets.
· IT Skills – Competent in the use of Machine data and control systems that record Material Movement, Losses and Quality.
· Must also be competent in the use of Microsoft Office; Excel and Word