COVID-19 - The well-being of everyone is our highest priority. We will be using phone, Skype, WhatsApp or Zoom video calling to hold interviews for the foreseeable future.
Full time, 35 hours. May include some evening and weekend working
As a Maintenance Co-ordinator with Leonard Cheshire you will play a central role in ensuring the smooth and efficient maintenance of the service and its surrounding areas. With responsibility for designated ancillary staff, you will ensure the safety of the service and all equipment through regular checks and servicing, provision of a proactive maintenance schedule, oversee service vehicle safety/provision and coordinate repairs by outside contractors.
- Have previous, relevant experience in an appropriate skill (e.g. plumbing or carpentry) or in a similar role.
- Have previous supervisory experience.
- Ideally have a level 3 or 4 qualification in an appropriate skill (desirable).
- Understand the principles of workplace safety.
- Have a driving licence.
- Be willing to work flexibly in accordance with the needs of the service and be able to perform physical tasks required by the job.
Please see the Job Description for further details.
In return we offer a great range of employee schemes and benefits, including generous annual leave, discounts for high street retailers, contributory pension scheme and so much more!
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage applications from people with a disability, supporting where possible, your requirements for reasonable adjustments.
A satisfactory disclosure check (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post.
Shortlisting for this role will take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once suitable candidates have been appointed.
Similar roles: maintenance supervisor, maintenance manager, facilities, grounds worker, carpenter, decorator, plumber, charity, not for profit.