Maintenance Mechanic- Mannington, WV (108104)
The position of a Maintenance Technician is of great significance in any organization as they are responsible for the entire upkeep and maintenance of a facility. Individuals in such roles also require executing their administrative and organizational skills for ensuring that all maintenance activities are seamlessly completed. Maintenance technicians are largely accountable for uphold the quality and standards of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Technicians must be hands on and available for call outs when needed
- Conducting regular inspections and ensuring the upkeep and maintenance of all areas of a facility.
- Ensuring the proper working of all mechanical units and systems in the facility.
- Keeping a record of all the day-to-day maintenance and service activities undertaken in a facility.
- Complying with all corporate policies and the Occupational Safety and health administration rules (OSHA) while carrying out maintenance functions.
- Placing orders for spare parts and equipment for replacement and ascertaining the proper documentation of the same.
- Synchronizing work processes with other departments of the establishment.
- Recruiting maintenance personnel.
Skills and Specifications
- Mechanical ability
- Electrical knowledge/ certification a plus
- Forklift and scissor lift operation experience
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The Ability to effectively manage time.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
Education and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Some college is desirable.
- 5 years of experience in a related field is preferred.