JOB TITLE: Engineering Planner
JOB LOCATION: Gloucester, UK
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’.
Our Supply Chain teams play a vital role in getting our goods to consumers; from sourcing raw materials to manufacturing and delivering the end product. You could be finding a new way to get 12,000 litres of ice cream across the desert without it melting; or designing a more efficient distribution network to enable us to store and deliver our products sustainably to our customers. Our Global Supply Chain includes approximately 100,000 employees who work with over 70,000 suppliers and 1.5 million farmers. We manage a logistics network that transports across a distance of over 1.5 billion km a year.
In the UK & Ireland, we are home to the production of PG Tips, Magnum, Pot Noodle, Persil and many more. Looking forward, we want to embrace the digital revolution in order to build a more agile, integrated and synchronized Supply Chain. Be part of the most successful purpose-led business in the world and see the true impact that you’re having in the work you do. There’s always a new challenge to tackle and our people have the opportunity to make a big impact every day on a local level, across Europe and the world.
The role is based in Gloucester, home to the production of the country’s beloved ice-creams such as Magnum and Wall’s!
You will be reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the purpose of your role is to support the Maintenance Manager and the other Operational Leaders in the effective planning of maintenance activities across the Sourcing Unit, this will also include ensuring 3rd party and critical maintenance activities are planned and managed effectively. You will also be responsible for ensuring full compliance to all legal and mandatory engineering requirements and to provide support in analysis to continually improve the equipment reliability and cost effectiveness of the Factory maintenance programme.
You will play a key role in the ‘Run to Standard’ operational model during Preparation, Execution and Standard working phases. During Preparation, you will coach Focussed Technicians (FT) through maintenance planning processes, streamlining current PM activities and optimising frequencies as required. During Deployment and Execution, you will schedule weekly tasks from the factory masterplan, modify tasks when required and arrange engineering resources aligned to the weekly maintenance plan (with FT).
- Support the Maintenance Manager / OSHE Advisor in identifying statutory activities to be carried out within the department
- Assist in the identification of critical control points on the equipment and that they are able to be inspected according to relevant procedures. Ensure that these requirements are included in the maintenance schedules
- Ensure 5S standards are clearly defined and followed as well as performing 5S audit according to the defined schedule and implement the improvement actions
- Manage the maintenance planning systems and processes for the engineering workshops, generating the required task lists
- Support the maintenance planning for all areas including Run to Standard cells, assisting with assessment of appropriate resource availability and the tasks can occur without conflicting requirements.
- Support for PM to AM task transfer and take part in PM shift briefs and debriefs
- Ensure that the learnings from maintenance activities and breakdowns are fed back into the maintenance schedules
- Ensure the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are graphically reviewed, and the gap analysis is carried out on a regular basis to understand and input into the improvement plan
- Be involved on equipment ranking process and apply criteria to prioritize maintenance
- Look to reduce frequency and time of PM schedules through improvements or loss reduction
- Manage assigned maintenance contracts
ALL ABOUT YOU
- You will have previous experience with World Class Manufacturing (WCM) and Autonomous Maintenance
- Condition based monitoring: e.g. Thermography, vibration analysis etc.
- Predictive techniques: e.g. oils analysis, his/he historical data from CMMS systems to predict component lifecycle.
- Asset management
- You will hold a Technical Qualification (formal engineering apprenticeship (dual skill) advanced diploma or equivalent + NVQ 3 in both disciplines)
- Experience of Diagnostic/Fault finding/ Lubrication
- Experienced in CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System - Idhammer WCM preferred but not essential)
- ESAP (Store Management System)
- ARIBA /Coupa Buying System (Purchasing system for spare parts
WHAT WE OFFER
Salary - £ £37285.99 + £6,338.05
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, the opportunity for a local annual bonus, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Hours- Monday – Friday 37.5 per week + flexibility to cover weekend and out of hours working
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.