Maintenance Shift Technician (109444)
Posted: 6 Dec 2019 Closes: 17 Mar 2020
Maintenance Shift Technician-109444
Maintenance Shift Technician
Veolia is Ireland’s leading environmental services company. We provide a comprehensive range of energy, waste and water solutions and are dedicated to carbon reduction, protecting the environment and building the circular economy.
We offer all employees a benefits package as standard which includes full VHI cover, pension and education assistance.
Overview of the role:
The shift maintenance technician is responsible for the execution of preventive and corrective maintenance program as per client requirements on a Pharmaceutical site. S/he will be required to work a shift rota as required.
Day to day of the role:
- Walkdowns & snagging of utilities systems (Water treatment; Boilers; Chillers
- Cooling Towers, HVAC & Clean Utilities) prior to mechanical completion tagging
- Define maintenance plans and SOPs for site utilities systems
- Review spare parts requirements
- Complete on-site and vendor training
- Operation of site utilities in support of commissioning
- Assist in definition of site safety systems
- Operation, Maintenance and trouble-shooting of site black & clean utilities systems
- Completion of all related documentation in compliance with site and regulatory rules and guidelines
- Delivery of delegated engineering tasks in compliance with good engineering practice and all regulatory, statutory and corporate requirements
- Keep training current in line with client’s requirements, i.e. SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures), EWI’s (Engineering Work Instructions), etc.
- All work on site to be carried out in accordance with site EHS (Environmental
- Health and Safety) and Veolia EHS rules and guidelines
Required skills for the role:
- Mechanical or Electrical, 3 years minimum and good understanding of the basic fundamentals of the various utilities systems.
- Pumps, HVAC Systems, Compressors, Boilers, steam systems and ancillary services, (DHW skids), Chillers, Cooling Towers, Clean steam Boilers, Purified Water Systems, CIP systems, Low /Medium voltage Electrical Systems, Conveyor systems, Automatic Door systems
- Building Management Systems (Scada)
- Good understanding of Preventive Maintenance Systems.
- Work within a Computerized Maintenance Management Work Order system environment.
- Work within a documented Permit to Work System
- Solid computer skills
- Ability to read and understand P&ID’s.
- Understanding of SOP’s and GMP Engineering systems.
- Understanding of Basic Instrumentation. PLC’s and automation systems
- Good Initiative and Pro-active attitude in approach to duties
- Senior Trades, City & Guilds or equivalent in Mechanical engineering.
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland
If you are a non - EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland.
Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining green card permits, work permits, spousal/dependant permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation website