Here's what you'll be doing
E.ON Business and Community Solutions (B&CS) is one of the UK’s leaders in operating, maintaining and optimising both our own and customers’ manned gas and biomass combined heat and power plants. Right now, we’re looking for a maintenance Technician to join our team at Sandbach. The Sandbach Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Plant is a 50MWe site that supplies Electricity directly to the National Grid.
Here you will be responsible for planning, supervising and carrying out routine maintenance and repairs on our mechanical, electrical equipment and controls and instrumentation plant. This will include gas systems, boilers, auxiliary support systems and electrical/control apparatus. Taking a hands-on proactive stance, you’ll be keen to develop your personal skills and be self-motivated.
What we need from you
- HNC/NVQ Level 4 or equivalent along with significant expertise in general engineering principles, with expertise in a specialist skill area mechanical, electrical or control and instrumentation.
- The capability and willingness to achieve E.ON’s required competency levels - Competent Person, Nominated Supervisor and Senior Authorised Person (where required).
- Contract Management skills and experience to appropriately challenge contractors on the methods, quality and standards of work.
- Skilled in hazard identification, risk assessment and management of risks.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust.
- A working knowledge of PC based computer systems and maintenance/information management systems.
- Planning and organisational skills to include effective task prioritisation and resource management.
- An understanding of operational practices and procedures and the ability to recognise and diagnose problems, by evaluating information and data to draw conclusions and make decisions.
It would be great if you also had
- An IOSH (Managing Safely) or equivalent qualification as a minimum, demonstrating a clear knowledge of safety practices and management.
- Fork Lift Truck driving experience.
- Excellent understanding of the commercial and financial effects of plant operation.
- Ability to build professional relationships with our internal and external stakeholders.
What we'll give you in return
- 26 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme with generous contributions from E.ON
- Retail discounts and cashback
Here's what else you need to know
- This role is based at Sandbach CHP, Booth Lane, Sandbach, Cheshire CW11 3NU.
- This role is offered as a fixed term E.ON contract until 30th October 2020.
- The salary for this role is £47,042 - £52,271 per annum (including allowances).
- Due to the nature of this role a Criminal Record Check is required.
- For more information on reasonable adjustments please click here.
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.