Job title Management Accountant – Content Finance
Reports to Head of Content Finance
This role presents an excellent opportunity to work within C4’s Content Finance team who have responsibility for all aspects of forecasting, accounting and reporting of the transmission budgets for content across C4, E4, More4, Film4, 4seven and All4.
The team ensure that the schedule meets OFCOM quotas and operates within Board agreed financial parameters.
This role plays an essential part of the business day-to-day activities with great exposure to the Commissioning leadership team through maintenance of the current years forecast position for C4.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Head of Content Finance in providing monthly reporting and analysis related to C4 content spend, including the close management of the stock and cash positions.
It requires a qualified accountant, currently working at assistant or management accountant level who is able to demonstrate strong business partnering ability alongside exceptional attention to detail and a passion for C4 content.
Reporting and Control
Preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual transmission costs, including:
• Posting accruals and other journals with full back-up
• Monitoring all key and material transactions and postings
• Cost per hour and genre analysis
• Tracking against budget & forecasts
• Cash Flow and Stock
• Variance analysis
• Preparation and review of reporting packs with full commentary on business performance
• Assist in the development and continuous improvement of management reporting systems, processes, controls and output
• KPI analysis and forecasting
• Ad hoc reporting
• Work closely with the Finance Manager to build relationships with key contacts across the business and within the Finance department
• Understand the business areas, identify key issues, interpret and understand financial aspects of contracts, understand and explain trends, variances and anomalies in the results
• Ad hoc financial analysis and evaluation of cash forecasts
• Ensuring robust internal controls around financial information
Analysis and Business Planning
• Accurate preparation of the monthly TX forecast for C4 Main including analysis and explanation of key movements, budget reconciliations, data integrity checks and review of any unscheduled stock with Channel Management
• Close working capital management through liaison with PFM’s
• Assist Finance Manager in preparation of three year plans / Budget; half-year and year-end audit
• Work closely with the Finance Manager, providing support on ad hoc projects and analysis where required including input to the preparation of PIF’s
• Provide analysis for Q reviews and Annual Report disclosures as required
Essential Experience & Skills
• Qualified accountant currently operating at MA or AMA level
• Highly numerate with excellent analytical ability
• Experience of the media sector and/or a consumer facing business
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Customer orientated with proven ability to develop close relationships with key contacts and understand key business issues.
• Advanced Excel Skills and intermediate level Word and PowerPoint.
• Enthusiastic and self- motivated team player with the ability to plan and execute tasks unsupervised
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Flexible and able to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to distil large amounts of data and information into succinct documents and reports
• Ability to translate complex information for a non-financial audience
• Resilient, hard working with strong communication skills
• Strong analytical skills; with an interest in detail but able to see the big picture
• Strong time management skills; organised in their work and comfortable working across multiple areas, able to prioritise the important issues
• High levels of personal credibility, professionalism and ethical standards
• A strong interest in C4 content