- Assist the Financial Controller in the preparation of the monthly management accounts and associated schedules that make up the board pack.
- Reconcile all key balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, investigating any differences and
- providing appropriate commentary.
- Post all Accruals & Prepayments with minimal error and apply learned accounting principles and
- Prepare preliminary overviews of the monthly P&L for discussion with the Financial controller.
- Assist in the preparation of the audit file for the annual statutory audit of the financial statements
- Maintain the fixed asset register and post the monthly depreciation charge.
- Using detailed placement data prepare the key KPI's and financial metrics and assist in the monthly analysis and review of these.
- Ad-hoc analytical review and commercial analysis as required by the business.
- Involvement in the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Reconcile the intercompany balances on a monthly basis, liaising with colleagues in Europe, USA & Australia and raising intercompany invoices as appropriate.
- Alongside the FC/FD drive process and systems improvement across both the finance
- department & the business as a whole.
- Strong systems skills - including Microsoft Office products, particularly excel.
- Be able and driven and be looking to develop their career in finance.
- Strong reconciliation skills, with Experience in reconciling key balance sheet accounts on a
- regular basis.
- Intermediate excel skills (VLOOKUPS, SUMIFs, Pivot tables).
- Ability to hit pre-agreed deadlines by demonstrating strong time management skills.
- Good oral & written communication skills.
- Be willing to challenge the status quo, and suggest improvements to current processes/systems &
- The ability to work both independently, as well as part of the wider department, and possess a "can do" attitude.
- You will currently be studying for a recognised professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA) and
- will have significant (over 2 years) previous experience in an accounting/finance role.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.