Manager, Controls QA, Methodolody & Reporting
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to Help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. And as the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK.
Our brands, our services and our business span every aspect of banking and finance, including some of the biggest names on the UK's high streets. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first - and achieve our vision of becoming the best bank for customers.
COO Business Risk
We love to do things differently in COO Business Risk. We encourage our employees to challenge the status quo and to come up with new and innovative ideas.
Our vision is to be the Leading 1st Line Risk Function in Financial Services in the UK. We work collaboratively with the business areas we support (Group Transformation, Group IT, Group Sourcing & Chief Security Office) to identify, report and mitigate risks - our key priority is to transform the bank in a safe and compliant way.
We are committed to achieving this vision through a clear focus on the provision of expert risk advice & guidance, through developing and delivering an optimised control environment, through investing in developing our people and through the adoption of technology solutions to improve our effectiveness.
Sound like your kind of place?
You will conduct Quality Assurance within the Controls QA, Methodology & Reporting Team who play a leading role in enhancing the quality and effectiveness of controls through performing quality assurance activities within the control testing process.
You'll contribute to the delivery of high quality and value adding control testing; the development and maintenance of the control testing schedule of activity; the assurance of ongoing testing quality and standards; the development of our testing methodologies as well as contributing to control related reporting.
What would you be getting involved with?
- Manage and/or conduct reviews of control test plans, control design narratives, and test documents to ensure controls are evaluated effectively and consistently against the internal (policy requirements e.g.) and external standards (COBIT e.g.).
- Validate Business and IT controls and associated risk in an accurate and fully represented way in the risk landscape.
- Maintain the integrity of test plans and manage changes in test plans.
- Provide guidance / support to Business and IT control testing teams and strive to increase delivery capabilities of the team.
- Develop QA artefacts to standardise the process of QA reviews, draft QA policies and procedures.
- Understand and evaluate relevant Business / IT risks and controls designed to mitigate these risks
- Collaborate with control testers, control owners and risk partners, control framework implementation team to improve the control testing framework and methodology.
- Brings passion for our values of putting customers first, keeping it simple, and making a difference together
- Loves problem solving and challenging the status quo with innovative ideas
- Is a highly motivated self-starter
- Builds strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
And the skills/background you'd possess?
- Have experience in a Controls Testing role or IT organisation of a financial institution or audit/consulting firm.
- Extensive experience in controls risk assessment and testing (IT and/or Business Processes) in Audit or Advisory, and an understanding of current and emerging technology trends.
- Strong technical abilities in implementing IT control audit / assurance methodologies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the information technology risk and controls inherent in various technologies (e.g. Cloud, Agile, Mainframe) and related security best practices. (Preferred)
- Have an understanding of various Information Technology Assurance Frameworks (COBIT, ISO27001, ITIL, NIST etc.).
- Demonstrable experience in applying different control testing methodologies (e.g. CAAT, sampling).
- Qualified in CISA and additional qualifications (e.g. CISSP/CISM and CRISC) are preferred.
What do you get in return?
In addition to the salary quoted the position also offers:
- Car / Car allowance
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Access to share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.