Manager, Delivery Routing, Central Operations
The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile delivery operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders are delivered quickly, accurately, and in the most cost effective way possible.
Central Operations refers to a new approach within Amazon Logistics to define a scalable solution to run the increasingly complex and growing last mile delivery network. Central Operations is a key strategic initiative with a vision to transform the way AMZL executes forecasting, route planning, demand scheduling and last mile delivery. We are looking for a Senior Program Manager with a track record of operational excellence to lead this team through to scalability, ensuring strong processes and culture are developed. This person will be able develop new teams that operate in areas of the business with a high degree of ambiguity that require a great deal of thought leadership. The role will provide opportunities to think big, develop original ideas, and partner with AMZL Planning, Transportation, Last Mile Tech, Operations and business expansion teams to develop a strategic approach to scale Central Operations.
· Drive optimization of key CO controllable metrics, to delight our customers on both performance and cost, by delivering projects to improve CO functional areas including volume forecasting, driver demand scheduling, in-station labor planning, routing/sequencing, on-road monitoring/driver support, support systems and tools development
· Identify and develop programs to address area of opportunity for standardization and efficiency improvement within the end to end last mile supply chain
· Lead operations across multiple sites, with remote reporting structure where needed, ensuring teams execute daily and weekly cadence while also delivering key programs on time
· Engage and earn trust of operational leaders across EU AMZL to help drive standardization of process and execution framework
· Develop cross-functional relationships with first, middle mile, fulfilment and central teams to drive overall EU operations alignment
· Partner with central tech and expansion teams to facilitate the translation of business requirements into technology requests, and ensuring that CO has access to the best in class management platforms
· Implement a culture of continuous improvement through proven methodologies
· Establish scalable hiring processes that meet the needs of a multi-site operations with a broad set of skills and language requirements
· Bachelor's degree with a minimum 4 years’ experience in operations or program management
· Strong leadership skills; experience leading large scale teams and owning critical business functions with weekly reporting to senior leadership
· Demonstrated ability to handle projects with multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Proven track record of improving the end to value chain and experience designing advanced supply chain processes and implementing world class supply chain/logistics tools
· Familiarity with supply chain management and transportation concepts including forecasting, planning, network optimization, delivery performance etc
· Problem solving skills and the abilities to quantitatively analyse challenges, scope technical requirements, and effectively prioritize program deliverables
· Entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and to take ownership.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven track record for delivering results on large, cross functional, international milestone projects
· MBA or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or operations related fields with minimum 4+ years of relevant experience
· Experience leading teams with 20+ employees and direct reports who are managers.
· Experience in supply chain management/technologies and also in implementing Kaizen/ continuous improvement processes
· Experience with agile or similar program management methodologies
· Proven track record in communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units and engaging with remote teams and external partners
· Strong data manipulation background and ability to work with numbers on a daily basis; Experience with analyzing big data sets
· Ability and interest to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly-changing environment
· Experience with last mile delivery operations a plus