Manager, Ethics & Compliance
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Ethics and Compliance Manager, to join our Ethics and Compliance department at Carnival UK based in our Southampton office.
Carnival UK are a market leader in the cruise industry, operating spectacular cruises around the world. We provide unforgettable holiday experiences and operate a winning culture to achieve standout success. We have big plans for the future and our industry is ripe for innovation. With 3 new ships on the horizon, our business is growing rapidly.
In this role you will act as a part of the newly formed Carnival Ethics and Compliance Department, supporting Carnival UK to ensure that its Ethics and Compliance Programme is effective at mitigating and managing risk. You will have the opportunity to participate in the design and delivery of Carnival’s strategic plan for Ethics and Compliance activity. You will take a proactive role in leading and coordinating cross-functional working between the Carnival Ethics and Compliance Department and Carnival UK departments with responsibility for implementing General Compliance policies and procedures (typically HR, Finance, Port Operations and Supply Chain).
You will liaise closely with the General Compliance leaders in other Carnival Operating Companies across the world.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participating in, and actively contributing to, regular meetings with the wider Carnival Ethics and Compliance Department.
- Participating in internal audits and external programme reviews to promote continuous improvements and identifying other opportunities for continuous improvement in the General Compliance area.
- Documenting and preserving evidence relating to the Ethics and Compliance Programme and its implementation.
- Reporting to internal stakeholders on the status of Ethics and Compliance management.
- Tracking external criteria for new General Compliance requirements, expectations and best practices.
- Providing advice and guidance to Carnival UK departments in order to ensure Carnival UK’s adherence to the Carnival Code of Conduct & Business Ethics and associated General Compliance Policies, including the Anti-Corruption Policy, Anti-Trust Policy, Sanctions Compliance Policy and Reporting of Improprieties Policy.
You will have an undergraduate or Postgraduate Degree level education in a subject broadly relevant to ethics/compliance activity (such as Law, Finance, Business Studies) or appropriate supporting training and work experience.
You will also have practical experience in:
- Drafting, applying and interpreting policy documents along with identifying and adopting best practice.
- Directing and assisting business colleagues in interpreting and applying policy documents.
An understanding of compliance risk and good practice in identifying, recording and communicating risks and ensuring that risks are tracked and followed up with mitigation will be key.
This position has been leveled at CUK8
One of our core organisational values is that we are 'better together' and that’s why we’re working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture; where difference is respected and valued and where our people can be themselves. Inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do so we welcome applications from everyone. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Carnival UK is the operating company for P&O Cruises & Cunard. We provide unforgettable holiday experiences and operate a winning culture to achieve standout success. Our Cunard ships have been defining sophisticated ocean travel for over 175 years. Our ships have always been The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World. We continue our legacy of luxury ocean travel with our flagship Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, with Queen Mary 2 providing the only regularly scheduled transatlantic service between Southampton and New York. In 2022 our fourth Queen will join our Cunard fleet.
P&O Cruises has seven ships, including our flagship Britannia which joined our fleet in March 2015. Our two new ships, the largest in the UK market, will join the fleet in 2020 and 2022, meaning we can offer more experiences tailored to British tastes - combining genuine service, a sense of occasion and attention to detail, ensuring passengers have the holiday of a lifetime, every time.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.