Manager, Valuations Methodology
Manager, Valuations Methodology
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best bank for our customers. What we do makes a genuine difference to families, businesses and communities. Finance is key to that success by securing and building the financial strength and performance of the Bank.
You'll be joining us in the Commercial Banking Finance IPV Methodology team. We're a collaborative team of subject matter experts, focused on the material fair value exposures across the group. Core products include, but are not limited to, XVA's (CVA, FVA, MVA, KVA, ect.), Interest rates, Structured Credit and Equities. A key focus for us is on emerging valuation challenges across a wide ranging set of asset classes.
Our team works alongside the Commercial Banking Finance Independent Price Verification (IPV) team on a daily basis. We have significant Product and Market expert knowledge across both teams, working to support the business. We also ensure compliance with Regulation and good practice.
Would you like become an SME, with exposure to a broad range of senior stakeholders?
Key deliverables of the wider team include the management of the Group Valuation Committee and PruVal Steering Committee. These Committees include senior representatives from Trading, XVA, Market Risk, Quant Research and Model Validation. You'll work closely alongside stakeholders from all of these areas.
What will you be doing?
You'll be supporting the process for the production of the group's PVA adjustment for derivative exposures. You'll work with business stakeholders to agree enhancements / optimisations. And your remit will incorporate operationalising changes, in a robust and auditable manner.
Accountabilities will also include:
* Attending the Commercial Banking New Product Approval Committee; providing support and challenge to the Front Office to ensure a clean implementation of new products.
* Engaging with the Libor decommissioning project; reviewing products, business cases and valuation models; highlighting areas of focus for related teams (IPV, reserves, etc.).
* Leading the production of the IPV and PruVal for the group's structured credit portfolio and acting as the key interface for numerous desks / managing directors.
*Supporting Senior Manager and the Head of Valuation in a broad range of activities, including production of information for PRA continuous assessment meeting and Group Valuation Committee deep dives.
* Building and nurturing relationships with key senior business leaders and committee members.
This role offers a real opportunity to further develop your technical skillset and become a recognised subject matter expert in valuation. You'll also benefit from exposure to the broad and varied remit the team covers, growing your Commercial Banking Finance knowledge. And there'll be plenty of support and focus on your personal development - from professional qualifications through to enabling you to take more responsibility for areas that are of particular interest to you and would give you the stretch you may be looking for.
What can you bring to the role?
It's essential that you're:
* Able to demonstrate a solid background in valuation work, with previous exposure to one or more of the following products: XVA's, Interest rates, Structured Credit and Equities.
* Able to evidence significant experience in previous Finance related role/s.
* Up to date with regulatory and industry developments relating to valuations.
* Highly competent in building and managing business relationship.
* Keen to develop as a technical expert in your field.
And desirable that you have:
* A solid background in a Commercial Banking environment
* Experience of people management, whether through deputising for your manager, or through a matrix management arrangement.
You'll also have well-honed analytical skills and great attention to detail. And you're adept at communicating credibly and clearly, in writing and verbally, to colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career.
And in return?
In addition to the salary quoted, the position also offers:
* Discretionary Performance Share Award
* Generous pension contribution
* A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
* Private health cover
* Share schemes
* 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. So if you have the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future. We know that success is built from the inside out through our people. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Did you know we've won awards?
We've gained industry recognition including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women.