Salary will start at £30,325 with opportunities to progress within the role up to the maximum of £33,260 plus competitive benefits.
This is a fantastic opportunity and exciting times to work for a global leader in weather and climate change.
This is a temporary post which may become permanent if future funding allows.
In pursuit of its growth and revenue goals, the Business Group undertakes a high level of marketing activity across the marketing mix. To maintain this activity, and with a broad coverage across industry, marketing support is required to focus on key strategic business activities. As a Marketing Manager, you will work across a range of market leading products and services for Industry & Infrastructure. You will be up to speed on latest market trends and use insight to inform and define key product and marketing strategies.
You will manage the full marketing mix and will get the opportunity to work on all marketing disciplines, such as business planning, product development, marketing communications, market and customer intelligence and pricing and proposition development.
If successful you will join our Marketing Team supporting a range of sectors including Retail, Sport & Leisure and Building & Construction. The product portfolio includes data, scientific and meteorological consultancy and web services.
Met Office employees also benefit from:
- Annual Leave of 27.5 days (+ 8 Public and Bank holidays), increasing to 32.5 after 5 years.
- Opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working considered (full/part-time hours) to promote work/life balance.
- Extensive career development opportunities.
- ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme to enable affordable, healthy travel.
- Civil Service pension scheme.
- Great facilities at Exeter HQ including on-site gym, restaurant, cafes and free parking
Additional Supplementary Information:
To apply, please click on the link below and attach the most recent version of your CV, along with a cover letter which briefly (no more than two-pages) states your experience against each essential and desirable criteria.
Key Dates: Closing date 24/02/2020 with interviews expected W/C 09/03/2020. Please note that you will be notified if you are successful or unsuccessful.
Should you be offered an interview, please be aware there may be a selection exercise which could include a presentation, written test or a scenario-based activity. If you require any reasonable adjustments during these exercises, please include this information in your application.
Please note, when joining the Met Office all new employees will start on the salary band minimum.
This role will nominally be based in Exeter HQ but we will consider applicants wishing to work elsewhere within the UK. Applicants will be required for operational purposes to work out of Exeter for 75% of the week. Induction will be based in Exeter.
This recruitment post is not offering UK Visa and Sponsorship and therefore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the UK / EU without restriction. If you are a non–EU candidate you will be required to provide and attach all relevant eligibility documentation to your application at the time of applying.
Whilst this is a temporary post, there is the potential for it to develop into a permanent position.
Please note that successful candidate/s will be required to satisfactorily undergo security clearance checks. This will generally require the candidate to have lived in the UK for at least three out of the last five years, but applicants not meeting this criteria may be considered.
We recognise that Great Minds Don’t Think Alike. Consequently, the Met Office is committed to working towards being a more diverse and inclusive organisation and to valuing and utilising visible and invisible individual differences. This includes continually striving to create a positive and open environment in which to work, along with ensuring that there are no barriers implicit in our policies or procedures preventing people from performing to the best of their ability. We are a “Disability Confident” employer, Mindful Employer, and we hold an Athena Swan Bronze award for our work on gender equality. We are proud to have a variety of staff-led networks who constantly work with us to enable everyone to fulfil their full potential. We are taking measures throughout our Recruitment process to tackle unconscious bias, and we apply the Civil Service Code to ensure that everyone is recruited on merit, fairness and open competition.
To manage and deliver marketing activity that improves the understanding, communications and services to our customers.
- Marketing planning: Develop marketing plans that include in year objectives and activities that are based on customer and market understanding as well as business priorities.
- Tactical implementation of marketing activities: Lead the implementation of marketing activities for specific sectors. Monitor and report on performance against plans to ensure business outcomes are delivered.
- Product management: Work collaboratively with the Met Office’s product team to manage a balanced product portfolio. Provide wider support in the development and delivery of products and services, ensuring they are valued and wanted by customers.
- Communications: Work with the Communications Team to write and implement communications plans to support marketing goals and business development activities.
- Customer and market intelligence: gather and utilise in-depth customer, competitor, market and product information in order to create effective marketing plans.
- Establish and develop business relationships: build strong internal (and some external) relationships in order to co-ordinate a wide range of marketing activity.
- Pricing: Ensure products and services are priced appropriately.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience of developing marketing plans supporting business strategy and translating these into tactical campaigns describing customer benefits
- Proven ability to develop, conduct and evaluate customer, stakeholder and competitor research
- Evidence of planning and developing communication campaigns within brand guidelines, including content creation for digital and social channels.
- Previous experience of applying research and analysis to create and review pricing
- Experience of shaping future product and services developments, in collaboration with the product management function.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- A business or marketing qualification.
- Business to business marketing or marketing within public sector organisation.