Mechanic III - Boston, MA (109452)
Performs a variety of assignments requiring knowledge in the mechanical field.
1. All activities covered under Laborer
2. Uses all hand and power tools to maintain/repair equipment.
3. Installs, overhauls, repairs and maintains all types of mechanical equipment.
4. Basic pipefitting skills.
5. Basic knowledge of safe rigging and hoisting techniques.
6. Assist in training other Mechanics.
7. Keep work areas clean and orderly and maintain safe working conditions.
8. Assist others as required.
9. All other related duties.
Required becoming an Associated Asbestos Worker to perform related duties.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Required to wear a half face respirator or powered air respirators (PAPR) where proper safety
procedures warrant their use.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
High School Diploma or
3 years’ experience
directly related to a proficiency at pipefitting, structural welding and
of the repair and principles of operation for: pumping devices, valves, PRVS,
traps, piping systems, expansion joints, anchors
Knowledge of central
utility power plants including boilers, turbines, compressed air, utility
distribution systems including steam, hot and cold water, and distributed
control system (DCS) with understanding of properties of steam
Ability to locate all
system manholes & MLVS
Requires MI Journeyman
Requires a valid
driver's license, minimum Class 3 and safe driving record
Ability to read and
interpret blueprints (SR drawings)
Able to work rotating
shift assignment to support plant operations as assigned
Ability to tolerate
confined spaces, tolerate heights, climb ladders, lift heavy equipment and
carry materials up and down stairs with the capacity of lifting 50 pounds