Merchandising Assistant - WW
As a key member of the merchandising team, the objective of this role is to ensure the processing of all purchase orders and the resolution of any related supplier or internal queries.
What you'll be doing:
- Checking all supplier order confirmations are correct and resolving any queries with the supplier, buying and finance teams working to supplier deadlines.
- Confidently able to update team on OC status and able to work to deadlines.
- Liaising with DC, suppliers, buyers and freight companies to resolve all delivery discrepancies. i.e. damaged items, over deliveries or shortage of stock, etc in line with department KPIs.
- Maintaining the query systems and tracking and reporting on this on a weekly basis.
- Liaising with different business functions, ensuring accuracies across coding, costs, currencies and terms.
- Ensures pre-allocations are completed in line with department timelines.
- Responsible for preparing reports for range reviews and completing any stock transfers afterwards
- Deals with ad hoc allocations and replenishment in line with needs of the business.
- Liaising with DC and store team ensuring clear communication on all actions.
- Assist in the production of Merchandising department reports.
- Develop effective working methods and relationships with buying team to resolve issues as quickly as possible and develop best practises
- Any other duties as reasonably requested.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with proven proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively liaise with all levels of staff.
- Possessing a positive and ‘can do’ attitude and a flexible approach to learning.
- Keen to learn and develop a career within MATCHESFASHION.COM and capable of driving own progression.
- Commercial awareness with a keen interest in the fashion retail industry.
- All applicants must hold the right to work in the UK