New Horizons Coach
Longhurst Group is one of the leading housing groups in the Midlands and East of England, providing more than 23,000 homes and a wide range of care and support services, with a team of 1,300 colleagues.
Guided by our shared values, our vision is to improve the lives of our customers and communities, focusing on two clear themes of work: Health and wellbeing and economic resilience. You can see how we’ll achieve this vision through our Improving Lives strategy by watching this video.
An exciting opportunity has arisen, and we are looking for someone who has coaching, mentoring or advice-work experience to join our Community Investment team to work on our successful employability project called New Horizons. This role is offered initially on a 12 month contract basis for 31hrs per week.
New Horizons is jointly funded by the National Lottery Community Fund and the European Social Fund. The project consists of 5 partners with a core focus of supporting those that are out of work and struggling financially, to coach on an individual basis to help them make sense of their money, get online and move them closer to the labour market.
Do you have a passion to make a real difference to our residents and local communities in Peterborough and the surrounding area? If so, this might be the role for you.
When you join as our New Horizons Coach will:
- Provide one-to-one support to those that are unemployed and/or economically inactive helping them to identify their goals around money, work and being online.
- Meet people in their own homes, convenient locations or within relevant services to help them develop skills and confidence around these key issues enabling people to progress towards their goals.
- Be responsible for maintaining accurate records to assist with monitoring and reporting and meet audit requirements.
- Work in partnership with our internal teams to promote the project to residents.
- Work across the project partnership and with external statutory and voluntary agencies to promote the service.
Our ideal candidate will possess a strong customer service ethic, backed up with a passion in supporting people to achieve specific goals:
- An understanding of financial capability, digital inclusion and employability with an ability to coach others in these areas, working in a person-centred way.
- A professional manner whose work is consistent and carried out in a timely manner.
- The ability to work using own initiative and to manage own work load to meet the demands / expected outcomes of the role.
- Work effectively as part of a team but also as a lone worker.
- A can do attitude that will inspire and motivate others.
Our offer has been created to underpin our two key pillars (health and wellbeing and economic resilience) and five core values: In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the boundaries and Fun and Fair.
Demonstrating our strong investment in your health and wellbeing and economic resilience, we offer a competitive annual leave plus bank holidays and generous sick pay entitlements, as well as other paid leave.
A choice of defined benefit pension schemes, extensive learning and development opportunities, plus more. See Our Benefits attached.
If your application shows that you have the right knowledge, skills and that you share our values, we'll invite you to meet one of our team. We can’t wait to meet you…
How to apply
For more information about the role please read the attached job description and the person specification.
Please click on the apply button at the top or bottom of this advert, where you will be taken through our application process. You will be asked to submit your experience in line with the essential criteria detailed in our person specification.
We really want to hear how you meet the criteria for this opportunity, please use the two supporting statements (4000 characters!) to really show us your talents. To ensure all candidates are treated fairly, we do not accept CVs.
(The important things – Naturally we need to complete pre-employment checks before you join us. This role is conditional upon receipt of two satisfactory references (one from your current employer).
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview. Original proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature).
Longhurst Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants that reflects the diverse communities we work with. We invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process
Apply today #LonghurstGroup #ImprovingLives.
Applications close on 1st December
Interview date 7th December - Remote interviews will be held via MS Teams.