NPI Project Manager
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an innovative and motivated NPI Project Manager who has greater than 5 years’ experience of project management within the pharmaceutical industry and would like to play a pivotal role in the manufacture of API’s at our manufacturing in Cramlington.
The candidate will lead a team responsible for the start up and smooth running of the manufacturing campaigns and will be the interface between the customer and the site. In addition to this, the candidate will be part of a team responsible for introducing new products to site.
This role reports directly into the Cramlington site Business Manager.
Key aspects of the role are:
• Ability to lead multidisciplinary teams
• Ensure all projects are successfully implemented to time, cost and specification
• Develop comprehensive project plans and track project performance
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
• Participate in customer meetings
• Ensure projects are captured within the S&OP processes
• Provide a seamless interface between client, commercial and site operations
• Provide regular reports on progress of projects against plan
• Ensure new processes are designed to optimise efficiency and operability so as to minimise product costs
• Monitor and review process data so as to enable efficient operation
• Drive the implementation of improvements to new processes with due regard for safety, environmental and quality factors
• Ensure processing problems are investigated and solutions are implemented
• Provide advice and instructions in response to unplanned events or observations
• Contribute to ensuring that safe systems of work are in operation within the NPI environment
• Ensure processes are designed to allow compliance with GMP requirements and achievement of consistent quality attributes
• Ensure initiation and implementation of corrective actions to unplanned events or observations in relation to product quality
• Ensure that information is provided on processes to allow product costing calculations to be made accurately and good commercial decisions to be made
To be successful in this role you will need the following experience:
• A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a Scientific discipline
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience of project management within the pharmaceutical industry
• Excellent project management and an appreciation of key account management processes
• Sound knowledge of technology transfer procedures and processes
• Good understanding of chemical reaction hazards and process safety
• Thorough knowledge of GMP requirements for API scale up and manufacture
• Awareness of commercial business environment and product costs
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and adherence to budgetary guidelines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organisational ability
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Self-Motivated and Innovative
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel that they can be their real and authentic selves whilst being treated with dignity and respect. We are always happy to explore flexible working and we are a proud member of the disability confident employer scheme. In short we are an equal opportunity employer who will review your application based solely on your skills, experience & potential.
What we offer
We want to provide an environment where our colleagues play an active part in the growth of our business. A challenging but supportive environment where talented people can really grow and take advantage of a wide range of diverse opportunities that we offer.
We are confident that we offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our colleagues including:
27 days holiday plus statutory holidays
3% employer contribution to pension scheme
Group life assurance
Employee share schemes
Employee referral scheme
We are a leading pharmaceutical CDMO and part of Consort Medical Group, renowned for developing and manufacturing both APIs and finished dose forms to the pharmaceutical industry. We are constantly developing the technical and analytical skills of our people to ensure that we are capable of meeting the ever-changing demands of our customers. Our state-of-the-art facilities are home to around 1,300 colleagues across six development, manufacturing and operational sites in the UK, Germany and Italy.
The culture at Aesica is driven by five core values. Integrity drives mutual Respect. Integrity and Respect are the basis for Team Work. Integrity, Respect and Team Work promote a Results Driven and Customer Focused culture.
Integrity > Respect > Team Work > Results Driven > Customer Focus