Operations Launch Manager
Amazon Shipping is looking to hire an experienced leader to join the Amazon Shipping EU launch Team, responsible for supporting with SWA launch in new countries. This is a great opportunity to lead an entrepreneurial business and team that is growing at incredible pace. You will be part of the core launch team for the EU business and will own strategic planning, delivery and execution as a single threaded ATS lead for launching SWA in the first delivery station node in a new country. This is a wide scope role that includes: 1) Developing a high performance scalable operations function in a new country, 2) development of our operational strategy to scale Amazon Shipping in line with long term planning, 3) Work with Amazon Shipping program/product teams to design and implement new operating solutions to enable the delivery of strategic targets (service, growth, cost).
You will have a true hands-on approach, strong leadership skills and the ability to build, develop and lead a high calibre team toward world class execution. As this position involves regular interaction with senior leadership (VP+) in ATS/AMZL/Product/Tech, you need to be comfortable communicating robustly at that level whilst also working directly with various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization across the Amazon business.
Key Job Responsibilities
· You will be a single threaded lead on Amazon Logistics front, supporting the Operational launch of Amazon Shipping in new geographies and owning strategic planning, delivery and execution for the launch
· You will work across multiple Amazon business units to interface with Operations, Product and Tech to influence respective priorities to ensure Amazon Shipping requirements are delivered.
· You will dive deep where required and not be afraid to learn about each stakeholder’s contribution and challenges, whilst maintaining a think big perspective at all times.
· You'll work closely with the Network Planning and Process Engineering to build an operational plan for SWA
· You’ll own periodic business review communications for your area of ownership and write and present business cases using information acquired from various stakeholders.
· You'll own developing SOPs and standard work along with other stakeholders for different operational processes.
· You will support with ops integrations on UATs/new feature launches in partnership with Tech / program managers
· You will be the on ground lead support during SWA launch in the target geography
· You will be responsible for setting up the station for success to meet the overall quality, performance and customer service
· You will work in conjunction with the Amazon Shipping program team to execute infrastructure expansion
· You will have the ability to deliver against strategy with Bias for Action whilst balancing Dive Deep with Think Big.
· Masters Degree in Engineering, Operations, Logistics, Business or related fields
· Experience of working within logistics, transportation or parcels environment.
· Proven experience in supply chain, performance management or program management.
· Customer focus and professional demeanor.
· Organizational skill and an operations mindset.
· An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
· Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Strong presentation skills.
· Ability to travel in the EU.
· Fluent in written and spoken English.
· Master’s Degree in: Supply Chain Management or Operations Research.
· Extensive experience in supply chain, manufacturing, transportation and/or distribution environments.
· Experience of change management/growth environments.
· Expertise in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Access, Tableau and SQL.
If you need us to make any adjustments throughout the recruitment process due to a disability (including, but not limited to neurodiverse or mental health conditions), or any other health issue please let us know by contacting email@example.com.