- You will be accountable for successfully managing a high volume, flexible manufacturing operation on a day to day basis achieving all key metrics related to performance, customer service, safety and quality. In addition to ensuring the delivery of the site master plan.
- Managing the operations of the factory - including Raw and Pack material management and focus on continually improving yields and performance through the development of people, systems and effective utilization of capital investment
- Managing and responding on factory service levels, efficiencies, quality compliance, OSHE compliance and cost compliance
- Leading Factory improvement programs leveraging and best practice approaches by identifying new safety techniques, quality initiatives and cost saving and development opportunities to improve factory performance
- Playing a key part in supporting the implementation of innovation within the factory and deliver to agreed ramp up plans
- Driving and inspiring the team, with a clear focus on team development and driving a performance culture
- Managing any issues in line with HR policies and procedures including managing employee relations to ensure high engagement levels in unit
- You will focus on the bigger picture, understanding and reacting to the wider needs of the business versus those of the Plant
- Building strong relationships across all levels within UK & internationally, supporting continuous improvement culture, gaining buy-in from key stakeholders and ensuring best practice implementation in accordance with the Early Equipment Management philosophy
- Significant experience in delivering a highly efficient production operation to the required levels of quality, hygiene and safety
- Strong leadership experience demonstrating proven ability of developing and inspiring a team towards delivery and continuous improvement
- Proven experience of creating clear focus and direction accompanied with empowerment and holding teams accountable for delivery
- Ability to be able to think creatively to solve problems and overcome barriers and obstacles whilst dealing with conflict with a diplomatic approach
- Proven experience in applying Lean, WCM or TPM methodologies within an industry environment
- Proven experience operating within a unionised environment with demonstrated ability of building strong and sustainable relationships
- FMCG or Chemical Manufacturing experience is highly desirable
- Experience in Food production or Pharmaceutical may also be considered
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.