This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. Making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons. And building a diverse community reflecting the passengers we serve.
When you join us as a Operations Trainer, you’ll help us make every journey better. You’ll do that by keeping things moving under pressure – making sure planes are on schedule so passengers can be in the right place, at the right time. It’s a huge responsibility that impacts every area of our business. And it requires the diverse expertise of our colleagues, 24/7. So whether you’re improving our process efficiency, monitoring aircraft movements or overseeing safety measures, your role will be vital to our smooth-running. You’ll need to be dedicated and calm to join our buzzing environment. It’s where you’ll take on important responsibilities that make this an exciting place to develop your career.
Join Heathrow and be an incredibly important part of the 80 million passenger journeys we make happen each year.
Your Role Will Involve:
- Developing, maintaining and improving safety standards by delivering a comprehensive training programme for all members of the Operations department and our colleagues in Team Heathrow.
- Ensuring that all technical, operational and mandatory training is delivered and recorded in a timely manner
- Developing, maintaining and delivering both transport and airfield operations specific training that ensures Heathrow complies with EASA regulations, , national and international standards, and that our colleagues have the skills they need to deliver great service and keep the airfield safe.
- Maintaining and improving competencies across the department as well as providing technical and general support to the operational team.
These Skills are Essential:
- Experience working in operations at a large or complex aerodrome
- Experience in the design and delivery of effective training packages
- Working knowledge of the airside environment and strong technical knowledge, including of the regulatory framework
- Current DVLA driving licence and ability to maintain an “R” class airside driving permit
- Good communication skills – verbal and written, including report writing
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- Trainer and Assessor qualifications
- Demonstrable experience of influencing others and stakeholder management skills within a complex working environment
- A category C or C+E DVLA driving license.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and a share in our success scheme. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
A career with us also means being part of an organisation that cares about the community. Our plan is to meet growing passenger demand in a sustainable way that creates a positive impact on our community – and the environment. That’s why, by 2030, we want at least half of all journeys to the airport to be made by public and sustainable transport. We have a range of initiatives designed to help people to get to and from work sustainably, from subsidised public transport through to car sharing and a Cycle to Work scheme.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to succeed and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow we’re an accessible place to work, driven by inclusivity and celebrating individuality. For more information, please visit our diversity & inclusion page. #LI-POST