Packaging Technologist - Ice Cream
Unilever Ice cream business in Europe is large and highly successful. The Europe Ice Cream Regional Design Centre (RDC) is the driving force behind the creation and delivery of benefit-led, innovative ice cream products across our world-renowned global (e.g. Magnum, CdO, Cornetto, Walls), premium (e.g. B&J, GROM) and regional (e.g. Cremissimo, Ingman, Evga, Cucciolone) brands. The team embrace agile innovation and are fully-connected to countries and markets together with R&D Local Deploy teams to land in the markets global, regional and local-for-local projects.
The business reaches across all Ice Cream experiences in two broad platforms: Desserts – familiar in-home tubs, pints and monoportions as well as scooping Out of Home (OOH), and Impulse – global and local classics and kid’s favourites, and the EU IC RDC organisation design reflects this.
In this role you will develop packaging components across all platforms and ensure project delivery in close partnership across functions (Marketing; Supply Chain; Procurement) as well as key (external) partners and suppliers (e.g. 3PM, Material suppliers). You will bring your passion & enthusiasm for packaging & Ice Cream, whilst understanding the wants & needs of the consumer. You will shape and deliver brilliant, sustainable, packaging experiences that help us to exceed our targets.
- To deliver, as a packaging workstream leader of a European project team, packaging solutions to agreed innovation, renovation and operational (cost savings, quality, complexity reduction) projects, on time in full, by following best practice in packaging
- To complete the content of technical specifications for packaging components
- To assess packaging to ensure it is fit for purpose (by completing testing and trials)
- To interface with other functions in support of project delivery (eg. marketing, supply chain, supply management)
- To comply with the Unilever Code of Business Principles and all SHE and QA policies, including the support of product claims, risk management and environmental awareness.
- To manage and deliver their own agreed workplan
- Deep knowledge and passion for creative packaging design and development
- Excelled project management and communication skills
- Attention to detail especially in experimentation, data recording and analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of consumers and their markets
- University degree/diploma or equivalent experience in packaging technology or a related technical discipline.
- Proven packaging experience
- Technical experience on a range of packaging materials
- Technical specification and supply chain support
- Experience within an FMCG environment, ideally with some packaging experience
Please apply online and add your PDP & Talent Profile if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Alex Re on email@example.com