Para Football Performance Doctor
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
To deliver a world leading performance medicine service to specific England Para Teams which supports the coaching process & provides performance advantages through optimal availability of players.
Please note this is a casual contract, bank role and the number of days work will be variable.
Flexibility will be required at relatively short notice regarding your availability and the necessary travel demands with our England teams.
- Delivery of world leading performance medicine services to the Para Football teams as required
- Close working relationship with designated team Para Football coaches and support staff to ensure a cohesive multi-disciplinary approach at all times
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
- Engage with central England Para Football medical staff in order to provide a seamless transfer of information from camp to camp
- Contribute to camp planning and debriefing as required and attend departmental educational events in order provide a consistently high level of player care and to stay abreast of developments within the FA medical department and the wider FA MDT
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- MSc or Diploma in Sports Medicine (or equivalent validated experience)
- License to practice in the UK
- Member of Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (UK)
- Established experience as a Team Doctor in elite sport and in managing and participating in multi-disciplinary teams
- Current pitch-side emergency qualification - ATMMiF or equivalent
- Excellent academic and applied knowledge of contemporary practice in performance medicine
- Track record of successfully integrating into established and developing coaching teams
- Excellent sports medicine delivery skills
- Excellent planning
- Management of teams of medical professionals
- Experience in Para Sport
- Experience in international sport
- Experience in international or club football
- Fellow of Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (UK)
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.