Part-time Lawyer (6mth FTC) - London
Job Title: Part-time Lawyer (6mth FTC up to 4 days per week)
Department: Corporate Legal & Governance
The Corporate Legal & Governance Department at C4 is responsible all advising on the legal aspect of all non-programme related matters to include: (i) negotiating and contracting deals for all non-programme related areas (so excluding Commissioning and Acquisitions) including Ad Sales, Corporate, Commercial & Business Development, IT, Procurement, Corporate Services, Consumer Insight, 4 Creative and Strategy; and (ii) advising on regulatory matters including Data Protection, Freedom of Information and Channel 4’s statutory requirements. The department also carries out the Corporation Secretarial function
The Corporate Legal & Governance Department comprises 9 lawyers together with secretariat and admin team support.
The role is a lawyer within the Corporate Legal & Governance team, reporting to the Head of Corporate Governance and Trading.
Providing general legal support across the team working principally on commercial contracts but able to assist on a wide variety of legal matters including general commercial contractual arrangements, advertising sales and regulatory.
Types of work will include:
• Drafting and negotiating airtime sales and sponsorships agreements.
• Review and updating of existing template documentation.
• Creation of terms and conditions for new business models and review of existing terms and conditions.
• Assisting with trademarks and domain names.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Technical & Professional Skills
• Qualified corporate/commercial/regulatory lawyer with solid post qualification experience in media/entertainment environment.
• Sound knowledge of a wide range of commercial contracts and corporate matters.
• Excellent drafting and negotiating skills.
• Ability to work autonomously
• Excellent planning and organising ability in coping with a demanding work load
• Adaptable and able to work on a variety of matters at any one time
Relationship Management (internal, external, 3rd parties)
• Proactive and ability to work well as part of a team
• Willing to take on any types of work and a “can do” attitude
•Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing
• Ability to respond speedily and prioritise effectively
• Able to deal with a range of complex matters at any one time
• Able to demonstrate understanding of issues affecting Channel 4 and its remit
• Commercial approach