Part Time Operator- Stuarts Draft, VA (108623)
POSITION SUMMARY: Operator I
This position will be operating and maintaining an industrial pre-treatment wastewater plant for a high-paced production facility to meet discharge permit requirements. The individual will operator and maintain process equipment, chemical feed systems, conduct laboratory analysis and monitor tanker truck loading.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Must have the ability to read, write, and comprehend English for operational, process, safety, and QA/QC instructions.
2. Must demonstrate a commitment to safety policies, procedures, and willingness to reach a GoalZero safety culture.
3. Must possess basic computer skills for data entry and process control.
4. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and have a basic understanding of pumps, valves, mixers, conveyors, measure/control devices, lab testing equipment, and material handling.
5. Must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently operator and maintained assigned process equipment to meet or exceed processing and quality targets.
6. Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
7. Must demonstrate the ability to work in team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities to support a 100% “team first” mind set.
8. Must demonstrate self-motivation and the ability to work with little to no supervision.
9. Must be willing to work 12-hour shifts (both day or night), weekends, and holidays if required.
10. Must be willing to work overtime or unscheduled shifts if required.
1. Pass medical and drug test.
Educational: High school diploma required (College or Technical School Preferred)
Must demonstrate a strong mechanical maintenance background and capabilities
Must Possess a valid U.S. Drivers License in good standing
Must pass a criminal background check
Previous wastewater experience is preferred, but previous experience working in an industrial environment is must.
A general understanding of chemistry, biological processes, and chemical handling is preferred.