Passenger Services Driver
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. Making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons. And building a diverse community reflecting the passengers we serve.
As a passenger services driver you’ll help us to make every journey better.
You’ll do that by being the face of our organisation. You’ll keep things flowing smoothly; you’ll instinctively understand what makes different people tick. Life in this team means being friendly, focused and helpful. You’re the kind of person who steps in before you’re even asked. And because we want you to feel engaged and happy, you’ll have all the training and support you need to be at your best and grow your skills, whether that’s in Customer Relations or any other part of our business.
Join Heathrow and be an incredibly important part of the 80 million passenger journeys we make happen each year.
Your role will involve:
- Driving the trolley operation vehicles around the Terminals at Heathrow maintaining the supply of trolleys
- Providing a professional driving service and driving and operating a varied fleet of vehicles and machinery, to support the airport operation
- Delivering great customer service to everyone in the airport environment
- Supporting terminal operations in the event of reduced service and contingency
- Complete documentation, and record incidents in a clear and concise manner as required
These skills are essential:
- Clean LGV licence to C1+E category and DCPC card
- Digital Tachograph card holder
- Ability to drive and manoeuvre articulated vehicles with a trailer length of 36ft
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience of working in front line customer service
- Ability to work largely unsupervised, making decisions regarding work activities
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and a share in our success scheme. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
A career with us also means being part of an organisation that cares about the community. Our plan is to meet growing passenger demand in a sustainable way that creates a positive impact on our community – and the environment. That’s why, by 2030, we want at least half of all journeys to the airport to be made by public and sustainable transport. We have a range of initiatives designed to help people to get to and from work sustainably, from subsidised public transport through to car sharing and a Cycle to Work scheme.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to succeed and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow we’re an accessible place to work, driven by inclusivity and celebrating individuality. For more information, please visit our diversity & inclusion page.