Job Title: Payroll Analyst – Tea Division
Work Location: Leatherhead
Work Level: 1C
Job Type: Fulltime
About the tea business:
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
- To lead and support the delivery of the end to end payroll process for the geographic area of responsibility, ensuring that Payroll performance is consistently satisfactory based on the defined metric targets.
- To identify and implement change in payroll process for continuous improvement and to ensure payroll health is in compliance with internal and external control framework.
- To coordinate and lead payroll related projects that are driven by other HR related projects, and to ensure alignment with other business systems as they are implemented.
- To act as a key driver and first point of contact on payroll contract management.
- Actively engage in Global Payroll Strategy initiatives and Community of Practice.
Your Key Tasks:
- Manage the full end to end delivery of payroll in area of responsibility
- Review and approve final payroll result prior to payment.
- Ensure that defined checks and validations are executed
- Resolves payroll queries escalated by the payroll team or HR Partner.
- Educates internal and external customers on related payroll procedures (e.g. Data Specialist, PEL)
- Monitors payroll processes to ensure they meet legal compliance and Company Code of Business Process requirements,
- Ensuring payroll process is aligned with audit controls (SOX, internal/external audit requirements)
- Provide country specific expertise and legislation knowledge and monitor the correct implementation of it: Tax, social legislation, labour agreements
- Functional expert in the area of responsibility Payroll processes and systems (incl T&A if in scope)
- Ensure accurate reporting, and maintain satisfactory payroll service metrics
- Country service management: RCA, short term fix and longer term structural fix
- Own issue and escalation management flow
- Stakeholder Management
- Leads local payroll projects and process improvement initiatives
- Change control process owner
- Manage CI (Continuous Improvements) agenda in the MCO
- Provide data insights, and score cards on payroll
Stakeholder Management and Key Interfaces:
- Payroll service providers – Negotiate, ensure alignment, influence
- Taxation bodies – exchange information
- Pension administrators - Negotiate, ensure alignment, influence.
- Bank contacts - Negotiate, ensure alignment, influence.
- HR Country specialists - guide, influence, persuade and exchange information
- Payroll specialists - guide, influence, persuade, and exchange information, support for performance delivery
- Global payroll service line lead.
- HRBPs - guide, influence, persuade, and exchange information
- Line Mangers - guide, influence, persuade, and exchange information
ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Relevant experience in payroll management.
- Relevant university degree or college diploma.
- Experience in and expert knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Experience in payroll systems technical know-how
- Experience in ‘pool’ payroll management (centralised processes).
- Requires decision making/analytical ability where solutions are not readily available and occasionally there is no precedent.
- Interpersonal skills /Customer Service
- High Integrity
- Resilience due to Multi country stakeholder demands
- Strong Organisational and project management skills.
The qualities we look for in you:
The Tea business is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our tea family we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
Tea Business: At this exciting time, we have announced our intention to separate the Tea Organisation into an independent business. As part of this separation process, we anticipate that this role will transfer to this independent business.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Please apply online and add your PDP if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Lorna on Lorna.Cottrill@unilever.com