You will be assisting the Payroll Manager and Payroll Analyst with the timely and accurate execution of the Wellcome Trust payroll portfolio (staff, pensioners, governors, casuals, panel chairs, committee members, etc
You will be responsible for:
* Collate and analyse the various forms, data and information which form the basis of the monthly payroll inputs.
* Meet with new Wellcome Trust staff to record their personal details, sign a payroll data template, confirm paydays, and explain the e-payslip registration process.
* Work closely with the Payroll Analyst, HR and SDWorx (outsourced payroll provider) to ensure payroll inputs for the month are accurate, timely and complete.
* Prepare the monthly payroll using bespoke Excel spreadsheets, and send the completed inputs to SDWorx (Trial and Live runs).
* Ensure the payroll and its related activities are compliant with regards to the requirements of GDPR
* Identify errors and omissions in payroll data in relation to starters, leavers, salary changes, secondments, overtime, flexible working, occupational maternity/paternity pay, permanent health insurance, sickness and unpaid leave, bonus and incentive schemes, Chair and Committee Fee payments, season ticket loans and study loans, cycle scheme, childcare vouchers and other contractual arrangements and ensure that these are corrected.
* Ensure that monthly disbursement payments to the Wellcome Trust Pension Plan and HMRC, are reconciled and paid over by SDWorx.
* Make non-sterling payments (via HSBCNet) to payees who have all/part of their monthly pay remitted to overseas bank accounts.
* Make monthly payments in respect of GAYE, Court Orders and pension auto-enrolment (NEST and Legal & General) as necessary.
* Provide key reports and outputs to various stakeholders as required (Line Managers, HR, Commercial Finance, auditors and so on).
* Deal with payee's queries and requests in a professional and timely manner, offering added-value where possible (e.g. tax codes / tax refunds etc.).
* Offer pro-active help and advice with respect to payee's e-payslip registrations and log-ins (forgotten passwords etc.) using SDWorx
Experience & Skills
* Previous relevant experience in a sole Payroll role
* Experience with Payroll bureau processing
* Good communications skills
* Attention to detail
* Organizational / Prioritization skills
* Excel intermediary