People and Talent (HR) Support Apprentice
Posted: 25 May 2022 Closes: 24 Jun 2022
DPD is a member of DPDgroup, one of Europe's leading parcel delivery networks, and aims to be the most sustainable delivery company in the UK, with a turnover of over £2 billion. We also deliver the best service, use the best technology and recruit and retain the best people in the industry.
Our People Administration Manager is looking to recruit a reliable and motivated HR Support Apprentice to join them here at the nation's favourite parcel delivery company.
Your primary responsibility will be to provide administration support to the People and Talent Department
- To respond to general telephone enquiries into the People and Talent Department
- To provide an administrative service to the individual People and Talent Administrators assigned Departments, Region and Depot. Also taking responsibility of other duties when others are absent
- To maintain specified projects and ongoing tasks as laid out by the People Administration Manager
- To undergo any other tasks as requested by the People Administration Manager
- To provide additional administrative support to the Director of People and Talent, Head of People and Talent, Head of Reward and Benefits, Managers and People Business Partners
- Action incoming post for the individual People Administrator assigned areas
- Raise Contract of Employments for external and internal employees
- Raise Leaver and Change of Contractual details letters for internal employees
- Raise Announcements
- Raise Maternity Letters for Notification of Pregnancy, Maternity Leave and SMP Entitlement
- Raise Memos to inform managers of intended Maternity Leave and returning back to work from Maternity
- Raise Paternity Memos
- Complete all People Administration processes in line with GDPR
- Complete HR1 Forms for all monthly employee New Starters,
- Change of Employment Details and Leavers
- Manage HR & Payroll system, ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness in the process
- Updating the Dave Intranet site of all amendments
- Raising Memos for the following; Mobile Phone, Car, Allowance, Cost Centre Changes, Org Unit Changes.
- Using Agresso to raise PO numbers and then to GRN them
- Processing ex-Employee References
- Processing Mortgage/ Tenancy References
- Management of the Docunet System, including the filing and labelling of all employees paperwork
- Updating of the following; Management Listings, Organisational Charts, DPD Depot Address Listing.
- To check and update New Starter Probationary Log and send out relevant paperwork
- As required produce Impromptu Reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Calculating and arranging bonus payments, responsibility allowances and salary increments
To be considered for this role you must be passionate about wanting to complete the HR Support Apprenticeship and you must have, as a minimum,4 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above or equivalent. We would also look for;
- Independently motivated, with the ability to take on tasks and duties without immediate direction
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- IT Numerate - Familiarity with Google Workspace (GMail/GSheet) would be advantageous
- High attention to detail to produce accurate and quality work
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability
- Study leave
- Opportunity to work in a clean, health and safety conscious environment
- Funded Training to develop your skills
- The opportunity to progress your career within the business
You can apply for this role by uploading your CV however if you do not have a CV please write a covering letter that outlines your reasons for applying and your interest in the qualification on offer.
DPD are passionate about creating an environment that is open, ethical, inclusive and socially responsible. There is a culture of recognition and reward within DPD to include; long-service awards, a special recognition programme for those individuals that go above and beyond, and the DPD Personality of the Year award.
If successful you can look forward to the exciting prospect of joining an increasingly successful and expanding business, that through its constant innovation, has revolutionised the express parcel industry and continues to define its outlook for the future.
DPD is a Valuable 500 and a Disability Confident Employer