Piling Package Manager
Reporting to the Euston Area Construction Manager, you will be responsible for the package management of specialist ground engineering sub-contract packages on behalf of SCS. You will have overall accountability for the administration, management, coordination, of all specialist ground engineering disciplines.
Currently the Main Works Civils Contract S1 Euston Area package of ground engineering works consists of:
· Large diameter bored piling, bearing piles, tension piles including plunge columns
· Contiguous piled retaining walls
· Temporary works bearing piles
· Ground anchors
· Driven sheet piling
The works are located adjacent to the NR operational lines which serve Euston Station meaning there is an extensive operational interface. The value of the ground Engineering works is estimated to be in the order of £102m
- Manage on behalf of the main contractor the coordination of specialist ground engineering sub-contractor/s across package S1 Euston Approaches. This consists of five distinct asset areas which form part of the MWCC HS2 S1 package of works.
- The works consist of large diameter, up to 1800mm dia, bored bearing and tension piles, including plunge columns extensive use of polymer support is expected to be required. Retaining walls (secant and contiguous arrangements), ground anchors and sheet piling are also featured as part of projects requirements. Up to six rigs and supporting plant will be simultaneously expected to deliver these works.
- Act as a single point of contact between the subcontractor/s and main contractor on a day to day basis
- Coordinate between the MWCC asset leads individual programme requirements and prioritise where demands necessitate
- Review and approve subcontractor’s documentation, i.e. working methods, method statements WPP’s risk assessments, management control plans
- Review formal communications to and from the subcontractor i.e. EWN’s CE’s TQ’s
- Manage by identification and instigation of change mechanisms with the commercial team CE’s and EWN’s
- Ensures that actions arising from Health and Safety issues are communicated and actioned both to and from the MWCC
- Maintain records of sub-contractor performance and record actions to ensure the works progress in accordance with the Works Information and Subcontract terms and conditions
- Report and escalate areas of sub-contractors under performance facilitate and manage the rectification of such matters for all aspects of the s/c requirements, (H &S, Quality, Environment, Assurance, Cost, change management, production)
- Ensure management of the quality assurance requirements are met and in the case of failures being identified ensuring appropriate mitigation actions are taken and managed to a satisfactory conclusion
- Assist in the management of the technical assurance of the works
- Assist by identification of the need for temporary works to and from the subcontractor to the MWCC temporary works team.
- Ensure that the sub-contractor manages the piling works in accordance with the project’s environmental and consents plans
- Ensure compliance with current CDM regulations
- Ensure the subcontractors management progressively manages the technical assurance of all permanent works to align with the SCS technical assurance deliverables
- Foster Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI to provide a collaborative working environment, the right behaviours and culture between, subcontractors and the Euston Asset teams .
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
Required qualifications, skills, behaviors and attributes
- Suitable Building /Civil Engineering Technical qualification HNC/ Degree level
- Be familiar in technical details of all of the types of geotechnical engineering large diameter bored piling techniques specifically, secant, contiguous CFA, cased and uncased working including oscillators where conditions demand, and the use of support fluids and the infrastructure this requires
- Technical understanding diaphragm walling would also be beneficial, but not essential
- Proven experience in working within and adjacent to operational NR infrastructure including proximity to OHLE
- Have extensive’ experience within the ground engineering environment, either design, estimating, main contractor, specialist contractor or a mixture
- Act as a mentor to the junior less experienced site staff provide coaching in the specialist ground engineering disciplines, techniques
- Membership of a Professional body would be beneficial but not essential
- Be confident in his/ her abilities
- Ability to make difficult decisions where asset leads have conflicting demands on resources available
- Experience of the logistical demands working within an inner city residential environment requires
- Previous experience in a senior project management role
- Previous experience of managing rail interfaces, preferably Network Rail
- Understanding of the CDM regulations
- Highly effective communicator and able to mentor other
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Membership to a professional organisation or specialist trade association
- Previous experience in complex project delivery environment
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role. Please note: Currently we are unable to offer sponsorship therefore all applicants are requested to ensure they can demonstrate their right to work in the UK.