As the Planning Manager at HS2, you will lead and carry out scheduling activities to assist in management & evaluation of project time for the Programme of works and ensure correlation with cost and risk functions across Phase 2. Manage project planning systems and outputs, policies and standards and ensure compliance of planning activities across individual projects to support the successful delivery of the HS2 project. Manage and lead the supply chain performance on the outputs of the planning requirements under a NEC based framework, ensuring key dates are managed aligned to the overarching client schedule and key dates.
About the role:
- Manage the PSCs indirect planning teams ensuring outputs meet requirements of the overarching Client schedule and key dates.
- Acceptance of the monthly reports from the supply chain and wider schedule metrics to the area team and wider Project control function, including up-stream reporting to the Senior Management team.
- Manage the integrated P6 programme meeting the internal / external reporting timelines.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders input to establish Programmes. Correlate Schedule, Cost and Risk assessment through integrated solutions to influence critical path analysis thus providing robust/quality plans for decision making.
- Support in What-if scenario planning providing integrated solutions to programme and project conflicts and recoveries.
- Assurance and review of deliverables and outputs from the Supply chain (Internal assurance)
- Manage and monitor processes to integrate scheduling from across all projects within the area of work
- Work closely with Project Managers to maintain P6 programme schedules, and manage the interfaces between schedules. Provide hierarchical performance reporting such as Earned Value Management process.
- Support Contractor Requirements working with the Planning Manager and/ or Project Controls Manager. Sustain - lead the evaluation of contractor interface reporting including Earned Value Management performance.
- Collaborate with project delivery teams and external stakeholders (including suppliers, regulatory bodies, and the Department for Transport) where necessary to integrate all time, cost and quality information to support the monitoring of project performance.
- Capture, implement and share best practice Project Planning policy, processes and procedures across the business to drive continuous improvement, and provide specialist advice where required.
- Identify key programme interfaces and working with the Planning team, document definitions of these.
- Demonstrate through agreed performance indicators the efficiency and effectiveness of the plans and schedules developed and used.
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work. Support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Support Head of Planning and wider planning/project controls function.
- Ability to deliver Earned Value Management and productivity data collection and analysis.
- Organisational Skills – the ability to produce planning or scheduling programmes of activity in a construction environment
- Ability to compile data, and present/communicate and produce reports for internal and external distribution
- Ability to interrogate schedules in terms of checking for integrity, critical path analysis, ability to understand float and sequencing of planned activities.
- Integration, analysis and presentation of complex information
- Presentation skills including presenting and reporting to internal stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of project and programme planning processes and lifecycles
- Established track record of achievements in planning and project management within large scale / complex infrastructure / construction projects
- Demonstrable understanding of commercial elements within a planning environment in large / complex infrastructure / construction projects
- Understanding of accepting/rejecting schedules using NEC contract requirements
- Understanding of rail/infrastructure working practices & methodologies in live working environments
- Knowledge of Planning Systems including Primavera P6
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Knowledge of MS Office packages or equivalent
- Construction experience gained across a range of projects, with a sound understanding of project management principles and application
- Experience of working in a project environment and meeting deadlines
- Leading an influencing supply chain planning deliverables and outputs
- Performance management of external consultants aligned to internal process and procedures
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.