Predictive Modelling Analyst
As the UK's largest retail, commercial and digital bank, we have a big responsibility to support the UK economy and put customers at the heart of everything we do.
We're also embarking on a three year, £3bn, transformation programme - putting unprecedented levels of investment into our platforms, people and capabilities.
- Could you help us become more insightful about data to revolutionise our customer journeys, risk management and lending strategies?
ABOUT ANALYTICS & OVERSIGHT
Sitting within our Risk function, Analytics and Oversight (A&O) is a centre of excellence for analytics, modelling and customer insights.
The team are responsible for supporting the wider Risk division by:
- Carrying out advanced data analytics and modelling to support customer needs and credit decisions across the credit lifecycle
- Supporting the bank's prudential requirements such as capital and impairment allocation, capital optimisation and stress testing
- The delivery and oversight of internal credit policy and external regulatory reporting requirements
We work with data that underpins vital business decisions, and together we make it possible to add customer value, control risk, and help to build a safe, strong bank for our customers.
We follow a clear set of principles which promote a positive, collaborative and creative culture. You'll find we're genuine about equal opportunity and deeply value diversity - all with a culture built around advancing the best in our people.
This year LBG has been named:
- A Top 5 UK Employer in the Stonewall definitive list of the best employers for LGBT+ people
- A Top 10 UK Employer for Working Families
- A Times Top 50 UK Employer for Women
- Gold Standard winners from the Business Disability Forum
This is an excellent chance to initiate your career working within the A&O team at Lloyds Banking Group (LBG).
Working as part of a team, you'll support every aspect of the end-to-end model development process and help to ensure the timely delivery of high quality models. Using tools such as SAS and Excel to manipulate and interrogate complex data, you'll use your commercial acumen to interpret results and produce actionable recommendations to colleagues, management and business partners across a range of teams.
You'd be tasked with developing and monitoring industry leading Credit Risk models, such as customer decisioning scorecards, fraud models, capital and impairment expected loss models, and econometric forecasting models, using statistical techniques. You'd also be providing insight into customer behaviour, credit performance and profitability and developing other analytical solutions to support decision-making in LBG. We'll expect you to actively identify and pursue opportunities to enhance model performance and accuracy - for example, by improving decision tools and processes.
- Could you think about data differently - using it to really understand customer behaviour and credit performance, and deliver the story to a business looking to transform how we serve them?
- We're looking for a highly organised and motivated individual who is passionate about data insights and storytelling.
- You possess a good degree, or equivalent, in a very numerate subject, for example maths, statistics, operational research, physics or economics.
- You'll be able to work at a fast pace and have an eye for detail and accuracy. You'll have a highly analytical approach to problem solving and it would be desirable for you to have knowledge of advanced statistical, modelling and analytical techniques.
- Experience of statistical packages or programming languages (e.g. MATLAB, EViews, SAS, SPSS, R, C++), as well as good Excel skills, would be advantageous.
- Ideally you'll be a self-starter and have the ability to work well within a team environment, without the need for close supervision. You'll be a positive contributor to the team and take an active role in progressing your development. You'll demonstrate good time management and planning/organisation skills in your day to day activities.
- You'll be able to communicate conclusions and suggestions clearly, using superb written and verbal interpersonal skills, and have a high level of creativity, drive, innovation and initiative.
AND IN RETURN
We'll recognise and reward your performance. Our award-winning benefits package includes:
- A competitive starting salary with excellent pay progression
- An annual performance-related bonus
- A generous annual holiday allowance with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days per year
- An additional annual flexible allowance that you can use to choose from a wide range of benefits, such as Cycle2work, childcare vouchers and enhanced medical benefits, or take as cash
- A contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Retail discount vouchers
We'll provide full training in the development of risk models and relevant risk management techniques within a retail bank. We'll support you to reach your full potential, meet your personal career aspirations and really make a difference as you embark on a career with excellent development and progression opportunities.