Drive commercial decisions while improving your own profile
Our B2B Bespoke Pricing team in Coventry have a great opportunity as a Pricing Analyst; this role would suit someone who is technically minded and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
If you are career driven and want to make your mark in a large organisation then this role will give you the skills, opportunities and the exposure to a variety of departments which will help you gain valuable knowledge and experience.
Here’s what you’ll be doing as a B2B Pricing Analyst
You'll maintain essential pricing and costing data in our financial, quoting and billing systems and models, ensuring all price elements are accurately tested, loaded and controls are followed and evidenced in our processes. You'll also understand the cost stack inputs, changes and processes, challenging these where appropriate, and support the smooth and timely delivery of all pricing changes.
Working in a multi-faceted team, every day will be different. You'll add real value to the business by providing commercial and analytical information to help construct, recommend and implement initiatives which balance our customers’ needs with the risks to our business.
You'll also support cross business projects designed to increase turnover and reduce risk/costs. The ability to build and manage strong relationships with our colleagues in Sales, Marketing, Trading, Hedging, Finance and IT will be key in achieving this.
This is an exciting opportunity that would suit someone looking to enhance their current analytical skills and commercial experiences to further their career, as well as developing key relationships with many different stakeholders across E.ON in the UK.
What we need from you
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (for example nested IF statements, functions such as Index, Match and VLOOKUP plus the ability to comprehensively analyse and manipulate complex data sets), VBA skills and a willingness to develop these further.
- Commercial Acumen.
- Stakeholder Management skills or the ability and willingness to develop these quickly.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant field, or proven work record with strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with people from all parts of the organisation whilst challenging ideas and decisions where appropriate.
- Excellent attention to detail.
It would be great if you also had
- A good understanding of the energy wholesale trading market.
- A good understanding of the gas/electricity retail markets.
- An excellent working knowledge of VBA.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Here's what else you need to know
- This role is based at Greenwood House, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8TT.
- The salary range for this role is £30,031 – £40,344.
- This is a permanent role.
- Due to the nature of this role a Criminal Record Check is required.
- For information on reasonable adjustments please click here.
- If your application is progressed to the next stage we’ll be inviting you to complete online testing.