Pricing and Value Technical Analyst
At E.ON we are passionate about how we are transforming the energy landscape. As we look to protect the value we generate and also grow in a sustainable scalable way, our role in Commercial is to provide the independent challenge to enable the growth and secure that future value. Creating the alignment across the business, ensuring the whole adds up to more than the sum of the parts, while thinking beyond our operational targets.
Right now, we’re looking for a Pricing and Value Technical Analyst to join our Commercial team based in either Nottingham or Coventry. Here you’d be responsible for the technical building and maintenance of models in a variety of systems which enable the Small Segment team to deliver competitive, accurate prices and ensure we can respond accurately and quickly to new ideas and developments.
The role will involve close liaison with in-house teams including Finance, Commercial and operational teams to gather customer and market understanding and use this to design models which provide necessary commercial insight and adhere to governance requirements.
- Working closely with Hedging and Portfolio teams to ensure energy purchasing methodologies are reflected in the costs provided.
- Providing analytical insights and recommendations highlighting how action could improve results and then working with the business to deliver change.
- Ensuring all Third-Party Charges are accurately calculated & included in our prices.
- Ensuring all non-IS supported models in the pricing and complex product servicing teams are robust, compliant and have appropriate risk mitigation and business continuity plans to support them.
- Coaching and development of analysts within the team through their various stages of career development.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of our fastest growing business areas and play a key role in delivering our vision to improve people's lives and become the energy solutions partner of choice. Invest in us and we’ll invest in you by rewarding you with opportunities to develop both yourself, and your career, in a market leading energy company.
Here’s what you need to have
· Experience within a complex business (ideally Energy) with a strong analytical background and commercial acumen.
· Coding/Programming skills in Excel, SAS and/or SQL in a complex working environment and the ability to learn new systems.
· Able to build complex models to understand potential future scenarios.
· Highly customer orientated.
· Strong influencing and inter-personal skills.
· Delivery focused.
· Experience of delivering results/performance management.
Here’s what else you need to know
The salary range for this role is £42,287 - £53,990.
This role can be based from either our offices in Nottingham or Coventry with some travel between the two sites.
This is a permanent role.
Due to the nature of this role a Criminal Record Check will be required.