Private Banking Advice Manager - Private Clients
As one of our Private Banking Advice Managers, you'll put advice at the heart of your interactions with clients and build and own the whole client relationship.
- Demonstrating professionalism, integrity and high standards of business ethics, ensuring that the advice provided and the actions taken are compliant with the internal requirements of the bank as well as compliant with external regulatory and statutory requirements, to ensure client's best interests are met and ensuring that business risk is minimised.
- Lead the client relationship with overall responsibility for identifying and meeting client needs and ensuring liaison with all appropriate parts of the Group in order to ensure first class standards of service.
- Provide advice and support on financial planning and banking need areas, referring to other product specialists where required and overall, ensuring that all business opportunities are maximised in line with client's best interests.
- Achieve objectives across all dimensions of the Balanced Scorecard.
- Conduct meetings with clients in an agreed manner, providing holistic financial advice for new and existing, individual and corporate clients, to review and meet their immediate and on-going financial needs.
- Adhere to the company's minimum standards as set out in the Professional Standards Framework.
- Work closely with introducers (internal and external) in order to maintain good working relationships and ensure a high standard of new introductions.
- Maintain levels of professional standing and competence in line with the business and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrating commitment to the Group's Values, behaviours and Codes of Responsibility.
- Comfortable challenging and influencing stakeholders at grade G and above
- Able to deputise for colleagues a grade higher
- Undertake complex reviews/analyses in terms of scale, scope and specialism
- Typically provides leadership of projects and risk reviews
- Recognised by peers as a high level subject matter expert - ability to be sole representative for the area.
In return you'll enjoy the freedom and flexibility to focus on your clients' individual needs, whilst being part of a wider team infrastructure that ensures full service excellence is delivered at all times. As well as a wide range of development opportunities, we're committed to providing a compelling reward package which offers flexibility and choice:
In addition to the salary range quoted, this role offers a company car (or allowance), private medical care and contributory pension contributions as well a total reward package that offers the option to choose an additional cash lump sum or pick from a wide range of benefits including childcare vouchers, holiday trading, matched learning fund, dental plan, retail vouchers and a range of discounted financial and protection products. You will also have full support to assist you in meeting personal and professional objectives and development goals.
Our culture within Wealth & Private Banking brings together smart, talented, people from diverse backgrounds that enjoy a collaborative and innovative environment supporting flexible and agile working.
Your qualifications and experience -
- You must be qualified to Level 4 (Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning).
- You must also hold the R01 (Regulation & Ethics) qualification or equivalent. Ideally you'll already have, or be working towards, Level 6 but support may be available to complete this Advanced Diploma.
- Whether your background is in Independent Financial Advice, or with another bank or financial institution, pensions experience is essential.
- You must also demonstrate a considered approach, with the ability to construct written reports and clearly explain options and potential outcomes.
This role is subject to the terms of the Senior Managers, Senior Insurance Managers and Certification Regimes as required by industry Regulators.