Procurement Category Manager
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
Our highly commercial approach means Finance and Procurement are both central to our success. Join us as a Category Manager (Surface Access), and you’ll soon see that the scale and complexity of our airport makes for incredibly interesting and challenging work. You’ll have the chance to get involved in a variety of projects, making sure they run profitably, efficiently and with our passengers and stakeholders front of mind. And with our expansion plans progressing well, this is a particularly exciting time to bring your career to Heathrow.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and, flexible working hours to account for individual’s busy lifestyles. We have recently introduced remote technologies to enable people to be more agile whether it be to work within operations or from home as and when required. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
Your role will involve:
- Implement category strategies and cost reduction plans to realise maximise benefits from sourcing activity
- Supporting the development of overarching category contracting strategies
- Provide the analysis that helps the businesses plan their procurement requirements and to set their budgets
- Realising cost control through sourcing, contract management and supplier relationship management for a portfolio of categories
- Reviewing and reporting on supplier contract metrics, incentives and KPI’s
- Implementing optimal sourcing solutions for assigned categories using demand forecasting
We’re looking for people who have:
- Experience in procurement and supply chain and ideally CIPS qualified or part qualified
- Strong strategic sourcing and contract management skills coupled with contract negotiating, completion and finance knowledge
- Demonstrable achievement in driving business performance through implementing sourcing strategies and supplier partnerships
- Experience of a range of commercial agreements and legal awareness of contract risks, contract drafting and terms
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality.#LI-POST