Procurement & Supply Chain Apprentice
Would you like to work for the Met Office? Are you interested in the procurement and supply chain process?
The Level 4 Procurement and Supply Chain Apprenticeship can offer you the support, training and industry recognised qualifications to get you on the path to a career in procurement.
Why should I choose the Met Office?:
As an apprentice at the Met Office, you will be paid £15,896 during Year 1 and £16,150 in Year 2 of your programme. You will have the opportunity to spend up to 20 months working with a team covering the end to end procurement process, allowing you to develop your knowledge, skills and understanding whilst contributing to the Met Office aims. You will also gain a L4 Diploma in Procurement & Supply with the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) and eligibility for equivalent membership with CIPS on successful completion of the programme.
The Procurement and Supply Chain Apprenticeship is an exciting chance to see first-hand how the Commercial and Procurement team supports the Met Office, as well as make a real impact in something the Met Office truly values.
Tell me a little more about what you do…:
The Commercial and Procurement team works with stakeholders across all areas of the Met Office, buying goods and services ensuring the Met Office is protected commercially. The team has a vision to support the Met Office’s aim to be recognised as the best weather and climate service in the world by delivering innovative and effective commercial procurements through leadership, improved capability and partnerships.
When would the apprenticeship start and how does it work?:
We would look for you to join us at the start of September 2019 with your apprenticeship training beginning on the 6th September with ATN Training. Working hours are 9am – 5pm and you would have 1 day per week off-the-job training as well as regular offsite workshops with the training provider. You will be working towards the level 4 Commercial Procurement & Supply apprenticeship over approximately 20 months which will include a blended learning approach of on-line learning, self-study and classroom-led training. You will be supported by a line manager, team supervisor and mentor.
What are the essential and desirable criteria?:
Essential Criteria - We are looking for people who:
- Hold a minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A* - C (9-4) or equivalent including English and Maths at grade B/C (6)
- Can demonstrate confidence with numbers
- A keen interest in what value for money might mean
- Strong customer focus with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to plan and organise work using own initiative yet work collaboratively with a team
- Have good problem-solving skills
Desirable Criteria - Ideally the candidate would also:
- Hold a minimum of 2 A-Levels - minimum C grade /BTEC National Diploma or equivalent
Am I eligible to apply?:
In addition to the criteria listed above, you must also be eligible to qualify for apprenticeship funding by meeting the following:
- Not be enrolled on another funded apprenticeship or another funded further education or higher education programme at the time you start this apprenticeship
- Are applying for an apprenticeship that is unrelated to any qualifications you already hold at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship
How do I apply and when will I hear if I have been shortlisted?:
To apply, please click on the link below and attach the most recent version of your CV, along with a cover letter which briefly (no more than two-pages) states your experience against each essential criteria and desirable listed above.
Key Dates: Closing date 21/07/2019 with interviews expected 01/08/2019. Please note that you will be notified if you are successful or unsuccessful. Should you be offered an interview, please be aware there may be a selection exercise which could include a presentation, written test or a scenario-based activity. If you require any reasonable adjustments during these exercises, please include this information in your application.
- Please note that successful candidate/s will be required to satisfactorily undergo security clearance checks. This will generally require the candidate to have lived in the UK for at least three out of the last five years, but applicants not meeting this criteria may be considered.
- This recruitment post is not offering UK Visa and Sponsorship and therefore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the UK / EU without restriction. If you are a non–EU candidate, you will be required to provide and attach all relevant eligibility documentation to your application at the time of applying.
- For operational reasons this post will be based in Exeter.