Product Developer – Tea Expert
Do you love tea, product development and are looking for a new challenge?
Unilever is the largest tea company in the world with a portfolio of exciting global and local brands across different price points such as PG tips, Lipton, Pure Leaf, Tazo and T2. We aim to be the most inspiring tea company in the world and this role will be directly contributing to this ambition.
We are recruiting a Tea Product Developer, who will be an integral part of the newly created Blend Design Hub where you will develop blends for global beverages brands across black and green tea products, as well as work with exciting new technologies. Projects will require close partnership across various functions e.g. R&D; Supply Chain; Procurement, Regions.
If you have a passion for tea, creativity and product development, this is the perfect opportunity to shape and deliver brilliant, sustainable experiences. This position will benefit from a structured training programme.
- To develop black or green tea blends with consumer delighting sensorials at lowest possible cost to drive Category Growth. Develop blend design insights and blend design rules capabilities.
- Support competitor blend analysis in key markets to generate insights and drive Unilever’s competitiveness
- Ensure all blends are compliant to in-market regulations and all internal Unilever policies
- Define specifications for tea items / overall blend and work closely with procurement teams to ensure consistent in-market delivery.
- Support pilot plant and factory trials to maintain high design quality in-market.
- Support MET role for black and green tea. Support procurement on blendflex and new item specifications.
- Scope and deliver value improvement activities relating to ingredient simplification, harmonisation and new technology implementation
- Collaborate with Science & Technology teams to support long-term technology development and development of knowledge based selling toolkits.
- Provide Project and platform updates to stakeholders’ reviews, leadership team meetings and R&D regional teams
- Contribute to the overall success of the Blend Design Hub by supporting team personal development and unit events as required.
- One to two years’ experience of working with tea, a passion for the product and a desire to become a global tea expert.
- Deep knowledge and passion for creative product design and development, experience of working in tea blend design would be an advantage.
- Self-organised, excellent at workplan management and communication skills
- Attention to detail especially in experimentation, data recording and analysis.
- Knowledge and understanding of consumers and their markets
- University degree/diploma or equivalent experience in food science or product development
- Proven experience in the food industry.
- Proven experience of leading delivery of creative products to the market
- Fluent English