Product Owner (6 Month FTC)
Are you a Product Owner with experience in digital product development and working to scrum?
This role is home working for the time being, but when our offices open back up, we’re flexible on location. Working from home a few days per week was the ‘norm’ for us, so we’re open to those further out from West Yorkshire.
Who Are Emerald:
Emerald Publishing is a global publisher linking research and practice. Founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that advance research and practice. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
Part of Emerald Group, a global learning organisation with a presence in 130 countries worldwide, bringing together Emerald Publishing and Emerald Works. With our roots in publishing, and bringing research to life, our learning solutions provides learners with the insight and tools they need to improve performance and excel in the workplace.
Role & Team:
In this Product Owner role (6-month fixed-term-contract), you’ll join the Digital Experience team at Emerald Publishing, operating within a development squad, representing the user and business voice, delivering high quality and performing features, prioritised against a defined product vision. You’ll work as part of a developing Product Owner community, helping to shape skills and practices through coaching and mentoring.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- In this role you’ll work with Product Managers (and business owners) to fully understand and align to the product vision; articulate and promote that vision with the development squads and ensure that work is prioritised in order to deliver against it.
- You’ll take a key role in conveying user requirements through user stories, elaboration and planning. Be available for business & user needs enquiries
- Working in scrum, own the backlog of requirements; refine, elaborate and prioritise on an ongoing basis as user and business needs evolve
- As a senior team member, you will play a part in defining and evolving the role of Product Owner, coaching and mentoring others within the Product Owner community
Who We’re looking For:
- Collaborative and inclusive approach – available to and engaged with the team
- Empowered decision maker – ability to take quick priority calls as required based on strong product and end user understanding
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with key stakeholders to comprehend their detailed requirements and translate to user needs that meet both business and customer expectations
- Experience of working within digital product development
- Experience of working in scrum
- A passion for digital media and knowledge of current digital trends
- Experience in academic publishing or learning markets would be beneficial, but not essential
*We are not currently working with recruitment agencies on this vacancy*
*Please apply ASAP as interviews may commence before the closing date*
What’s in It for You:
We value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working and working from home, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at promoting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Based at our head office in Bingley, you’ll also have access to a newly refurbished café, staff lounge, wellbeing room, free onsite gym, and as sponsors of Headingley Stadium you can receive free tickets to selected Rugby and Cricket matches.