ITV News Central
5 month fixed term contract (Secondment for internal applicants)
Closing date: 20th June 2021
We’ve an excellent opportunity to join our friendly and supportive team, working with some of the best journalists in the business, delivering the high quality and trustworthy news that’s the hallmark of ITV Central.
We asked some of our most recent recruits why they enjoy working here and this is what they said:
“It’s a really busy patch, we cover so many different stories on a daily basis”
“There’s a diversity of roles - bulletin production, working on the website, story creation and planning”
“No two days of the same”
“There are more extra benefits working for ITV than we were expecting”
This role entails…
Bringing in the stories that matter the most to our mass audience.
Confidently handling big stories under tight deadlines.
Being able to communicate well, with super interpersonal and effective team working skills even under pressure.
Generating creative ideas on how to present content.
Having an understanding of what our digital audiences want - and helping produce our next viral content.
Having an appreciation of the diverse nature of the Midlands audience and great contacts to make sure all communities are represented.
Having a good grounding in media law and the Ofcom code.
Being able to work from our Birmingham newsroom, as well as doing some work from home, across different shifts, which includes weekend, Good Morning Britain and late bulletins.
Playing an active role in helping us achieve our aims in our Diversity and Inclusion Acceleration Plan.
You’ll be part of a nationally award winning team, on TV and digital, in one of the most exciting news patches in the country. You’ll work with highly-skilled colleagues who can develop your career and help you reach growing audiences across the ITV News network. This vacancy is to cover for a journalist who is seconded to a network ITV programme - that’s the kind of opportunity you can get working for ITV News!
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
Minimum role criteria:
- A strong knowledge of media law & compliance and the ability to exercise excellent editorial judgement and accuracy in your writing.
- A good knowledge of ITV Central and the stories and areas of interest for the many communities in the regions.
- The ability to generate, research and develop original ideas, for online and television.
- A strong journalistic curiosity, good command of language, accurate spelling & grammar, and an eye for detail.
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader, we have committed to interview all candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role. (minimum criteria above)
The Key role criteria is as follows:
- An ability to think about a task or problem in a new or different way using imagination to generate new ideas and to solve complex problems
- An ability to bring a different perspective and point of difference to our coverage
- Appreciation and experience of how to create content for online to best effect across all platforms. Demonstrable understanding of the opportunities that online provides both as a research and promotional tool
- Ability to work successfully, and positively, as part of a team, to deadlines and focusing well under pressure.
- An understanding of the difference between and importance of Diversity & Inclusion in determining output
- A fresh and engaging approach to digital output.
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything... our email is email@example.com.Find out more here
Your application must include your CV and a letter of application outlining why you want to work in the ITV Central newsroom and what you will bring to our team.
Anyone who has already applied for our recent Central Production Journalist vacancy need not apply for this position.
Closing Date 20th June 2021
Find out more about our benefitshttp://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
Candidates who declared a disability and meet the minimum criteria will be invited to an interview - find out more here. We're happy to discuss any additional support you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require additional support... our email is firstname.lastname@example.org