If you have a background in programme management, enjoy collaborating with others and getting things done, we would love to hear from you.
The Programme Manager will work closely with the Head of Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) and the three D&I work stream leads to take an overview of the development and delivery of the D&I programme plans. In this role you will:
Have a good understanding of the D&I programme and budget and ensure that risks and 'pinch points' for the priority area are known in advance, mitigated or managed.
Provide a critical link and alignment of the priority area to internal Wellcome teams (including Insights & Analysis, Communications, Finance, Legal, Procurement, People and the other priority areas) to ensure information is shared and that the D&I priority area has the tools, expertise and resource required to deliver its outcomes.
* Support and monitor the development and delivery of programme-level targets and milestones with work stream leads across the D&I priority area.
* Manage and track key risks and priorities, escalating programme-level risks before they become issues, and ensuring that these risks are being addressed.
* Support and advise the Head of D&I on critical matters related to decision making for the development, delivery and prioritisation of the D&I programme plans.
* Offer advice to the team members and connect with other Wellcome teams where appropriate to share appropriate project and programme management, skills, approaches and best practise.
* Working closely with the Insight Research Analyst - D&I (based in the Insights & Analysis Division), ensure monitoring and evaluation of the D&I outcomes are undertaken and reported on to programme deadlines.
* Working in partnership with the Communications Manager for D&I and the wider Communications team, ensure coordination of communication plans and projects across the D&I programme.
* Working closely with Finance and the workstream leads, ensure overall budget management across the priority area.
* Working closely with the D&I Team Coordinator, coordinate the triannual D&I Steering group and ensure that governance structures are used effectively.
* Ensure alignment with corporate governance including preparation of programme documentation and reports (for example finance, delivery plans, risk registers, annual progress report).
* Write and manage requests for proposals and contracts with external suppliers in partnership with the work stream leads, Procurement and Legal.
Experience & Skills