Are you a Project or Programme Manager with a successful track record in a digital customer-focused business?
Have you supported the delivery of cross-functional change programmes within a business? Including business process, sales and marketing, content, technology?
We are a team of passionate experts, who have joined forces to unlock the potential in millions of learners worldwide.
Evidence-led and driven by insight, data and experience, we develop sustainable end-to-end learning strategies and solutions that work. Collectively building learning cultures that empower people to bring about real change for real impact.
Emerald Works is part of the Emerald Group, a global organisation with a presence in 130 countries worldwide.
The Role & Team:
You’ll be working with our Chief Operating Officer to organise and coordinate our strategic projects across the whole of our Emerald Works business.
Day to day you’ll be leading the end to end delivery of our project programme which will focus on supporting the business to deliver its ambitious growth plans. The projects span across all our teams including Sales and Marketing, Product, Technology, Content and People.
You will work across the business and with key business stakeholders including the Board of Directors, to monitor strategic alignment throughout the programme lifecycle undertaking strategic reviews at appropriate intervals.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working with the COO, day to day lead of programme management across the business, managing projects throughout the program life cycle
- Bring best practice to our ways of working in project delivery.
- Have a broad view of programme objectives, ensuring that program goals and objectives are and remain aligned to the overall strategic objectives of the organization.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives.
- Support the prioritization of projects to know the dependencies and the interfaces between projects and ensure timely completion of deliverables and milestones.
- Resolve cross-program issues and strategic issues with senior stakeholders.
- Meet with stakeholders to ensure effective communication and transparency regarding project issues and decisions.
- Work with the COO to define the program governance (controls) and then manage these accordingly.
- Effectively communicate risks to: The board, project sponsors/managers and the wider business and ensure that corrective measures are taken to mitigate/minimise risks
- Ensure that effective monthly progress reporting takes place for all projects and ensure the Team are appropriately updated with project progress and any decisions made.
- Develop our reporting capability of projects to enable the right balance of visibility and detail.
Cross Team collaboration
- Build effective working relationships across the whole business
- Showcase and share ideas with all teams to optimise internal awareness ready for market.
- Actively share stories and successes to the wider organisation through comms channels.
- Ensure key data and comms are captured in appropriate data bases to provide ongoing business metrics.
- Identification of stakeholders, getting an understanding of their needs and expectations, developing a stakeholder engagement strategy to align expectations with program objectives.
Who We’re Looking For:
- A project management background (PRINCE 2 would be great)
- Excellent relationship management skills, as this role will work very closely with a variety of people.
- Great leadership and organizational skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community among members of project teams
- Experience in establishing programme governance
- Thorough understanding of project/programme management techniques and methods
- Experience working in a fast paced, high growth, customer focused organisation.
We’d Also Like To See:
- A positive and engaging team player that actively engages and collaborates with others to deliver results.
- A high level of customer focus (internal and external).
- Commercial awareness.
- To be open and receptive to feedback, demonstrating a willingness to take on board advice and guidance.
- The emotional intelligence to recognise that all those who work for Emerald Works are valued contributors and no one is of greater value than another.
- A hard worker with a ‘can do attitude’ who displays a healthy work-life balance.
**Please apply ASAP as the advert may close and interviews commence before the closing date**
What’s In It For You?
We value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working, performance bonus, enhanced pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.