Programme Stakeholder Manager
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
It's an exciting time to be part of the Heathrow team. In June 2018, Parliament gave us the go ahead for Expansion. This isn’t just about a new runway. It’s about transforming the UK’s hub airport and securing the UK’s future place in the world.
This landmark decision will generate economic growth benefits worth up to £187 billion and create up to 180,000 new jobs across the UK. What’s more, it’ll pave the way for new domestic routes and up to 40 new international destinations. Construction will begin in 2021, but the work to make this huge project happen begins now. Which is why we’re looking for a whole host of people to join our Expansion department in areas from Finance and Airline Strategy to Community & Stakeholders.
Join us as a Programme Stakeholder Manager, and you’ll have huge scope to make your mark on what will be one of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects. You’ll shape its success in all sorts of ways, focusing in particular on our local communities, a more sustainable future, our millions of passengers, businesses in the UK and beyond, and all of your colleagues working at the airport.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and, in IT, flexible working. We actively try to create part-time opportunities and use remote technologies to enable people to work from home.
We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
The programme stakeholder manager plays a significant role in supporting the programme to influence project stakeholders to the overall benefit of the programme and its advocates. This role will support and work in close collaboration with the programme stakeholder lead in coordinating engagement activity and assessing stakeholder engagement performance across the programme in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Your Role Will Involve:
- Implementation and review of stakeholder engagement procedures in accordance with the overarching stakeholder management strategy.
- Managing stakeholder mapping through master stakeholder list and Salesforce. Define roles and manage/control cross team engagement.
- Working closely with the programme stakeholder lead to manage engagement with statutory and non-statutory stakeholders to establish positive relationships.
- Planning and coordinating Statement of Common Ground activity and progress to ensure that engagement leads are supported and understand the process.
- Ensuring close collaboration across the programme engagement functions to help deliver aligned and coordinated engagement activity.
We're Looking for People Who Have:
- Degree qualification in appropriate discipline, or equivalent academic achievement.
- Experience in supporting stakeholder engagement with statutory/non-statutory bodies on major infrastructure programmes.
- Professional qualifications (membership of an appropriate institution) or evidence demonstrating continued personal development.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, respond quickly to changing situations in complex project environments.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality.