Project Administrator (Full or Part time)
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a global sustainability consultancy. We deliver cutting edge services to clients on climate change, pollution and the future of mobility, among others. Our mission is to solve the world's most pressing energy and environmental challenges.
This role is based within the Evidence & Policy (E&P) Business Unit which is focussed on delivering consultancy-based projects and programmes for public sector and private sector clients in relation to gathering and analysing environmental evidence/data and helping to develop and assess public policy interventions all over the world on a wide range of topics including air quality, climate change, energy and transport. Initial consultancy contracts that you will support within this role include management support activities on three large-scale multi-year programmes for the UK Government and the European Commission covering some of these topics.
You will play a key role in supporting the delivery of these and other projects/programmes delivered within the E&P Business Unit through supporting the relevant managers in the efficient delivery of projects, ensuring QA compliance and coordinating activities across the respective project teams.
The Project Administrator will report directly to the E&P Operations Manager (OM) who is responsible for overseeing the delivery of projects delivered within the Business Unit and ensuring compliance to QA requirements. You will work closely with project managers in the team and will have responsibilities including the following:
- Working with project managers to draft project-wide comms based on summary notes, supporting diary management and accurate minute taking, circulating action lists and chasing close out of actions;
- Ensuring project administration and quality assurance (QA) documents are up to date and readily accessible;
- Following internal procedures to set up and coordinate work carried out by sub-contractors;
- Coordinating activities with the project team as agreed with project manager;
- Drafting regular update reports for clients;
- Championing key project case studies;
- Other roles may include:
- Supporting the Operations Manager to provide updates on the status of bidding opportunities within our Microsoft Dynamics Customer Relationship Management(CRM) tool used to track the status of all bids for new consultancy work within the Business Unit;
- Coordinating and providing administrative support to bids that are in progress.
Key competencies and experience:
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience working in a consultancy environment , providing administrative project management support to large and complex projects;
- Have an excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint and have experience of or an aptitude to learn new management systems;experience of using Microsoft Dynamics would be advantageous, but is not essential;
- Have excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to take minutes covering complex technical/scientific content;
- Have excellent professional telephone and email communication skills;
- Have exceptionally strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work methodically with high levels of attention to detail;
- Be a proven completer-finisher with the ability to plan and prioritise a range of tasks and work effectively unsupervised
- Be able to build effective working relationships at all levels across the business; and
- Have a flexible approach to working activities.
Skills and behaviours:
The successful candidate will:
- Be a team player able to work with and influence a wide range of stakeholders both inside and outside of the organisation;
- Be comfortable working on a variety of administrative support tasks and different projects in a fast-paced consultancy environment;
- Develop sufficient knowledge of the administrative processes within our consultancy business to be able to propose and implement operational improvements in these areas;
- Be a team worker who is willing and able to get involved in supporting colleagues on a range of project management, co-ordination and administrative tasks;
- Embrace Ricardo's values of Passion, Innovation, Integrity and Respect, working with others towards ensuring high standards of behaviour and performance.
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment also has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.